Sheedy on Moyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly some bad blood between them, but I don't think this is the right way to go about anything. For one thing how can Sheedy now advise young players on the perils twitter and social media in general to all the young academy players while here's on it having a go at our former manager.

I think it's pretty poor from Sheedy personally.

Must have killed Sheedy listening to the wider footballing world praise Moyes for bringing young players through at Everton. Another Moyes Myth debunked, but hey, he used to stay at Finch Farm until 4pm some days, the workaholic.

yeah this is why i don't mind the rant so much. people always said how good he was with it, but it was pure myth, especially given the talent we're currently churning out through the youth.

just take ross barkley as the massive indicator. moyes was ok at it in his earlier years, but that was when we were nowhere near as good and nearer the bottom, as soon as we were settled, no youth players were coming through really, just the ones that had started previously.

i'm sure sheedy was just saying stuff to let know blues know the real truth rather than a personal attack on moyes himself - who knows.

Clearly some bad blood between them, but I don't think this is the right way to go about anything. For one thing how can Sheedy now advise young players on the perils twitter and social media in general to all the young academy players while here's on it having a go at our former manager.

I think it's pretty poor from Sheedy personally.
Why DM was in total control of our club, and I was never a fan of his - my Brother who is 65 vowed to only return when he went, he has now been back this season to some games , and RM to him is a breath of fresh air, a Manager who does not defend a 1-0 lead - sit back on the penalty area - I always knew he would be out of his depth at Man U - He won nothing at Preston and nothing with us - the relationship with him , and BK was far too cosy!

Why DM was in total control of our club, and I was never a fan of his - my Brother who is 65 vowed to only return when he went, he has now been back this season to some games , and RM to him is a breath of fresh air, a Manager who does not defend a 1-0 lead - sit back on the penalty area - I always knew he would be out of his depth at Man U - He won nothing at Preston and nothing with us - the relationship with him , and BK was far too cosy!

What on earth has any of that got to do with Sheedy tweeting about Moyes?

If they are from the man himself then what is wrong with that?

I have said for years Moyes would never play a youngster unless he had to and half of the time if they developed (ala coleman) in their best position then it was a bonus. The fact is Moyes had no faith in youth and you can see from how he actually used them (rodwell, anichebe, Vellios, Barkely to name a few) to see how succesful he was.

Here is another little thought, how many players were let go who actually were really good? As much as you can go 'oh well they have ended up at Brentford/Tranmere/Crawley, is that not down to the fact their club offered and provided no support in helping them make that next step up, and chose to instead loan them out to said divisions in the hope their eyes there would proclaim them the next wayne rooney?

he could of done this alot more subtely in a proper interview, doing it on twitter makes him look a silly

Disappointingly unprofessional.

Possibly true, and given Sheedy has deleted all of his tweets from last night, I dare say he regrets it. I'd imagine he's been given a pretty good rollocking by the club too.

However.... Sheedy let his guard down and basically told everyone what everyone already knew anyway.

Moyes spent last summer belittling Everton. Martinez was too nice (and new in the job) and didn't want a war at the time. So Moyes never really got his 'receipt' for his comments - maybe this is it now.

And at least he never wrote TWO BOOKS slagging off players who won him lots of trophies, like Ferguson did at United. So any United attempts at attaining the higher moral ground are utterly laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.