Second Season Syndrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

evertony

Player Valuation: £40m
Was consoled by two (proper) City fans last night.....they were adamant it was second season syndrome after such a good crack at the Top 4 last year. Both were adamant that as 'neutrals' they reckon Martinez and Everton are the perfect match and will be a growing force in the future.....God knows they've suffered some dire times not too long ago going to away games at Gillingham, York and the like.

What would they know? Dead easy to be patronising when you don't have such worries.

Bob is a nice chap but he took Wigan down after several seasons of just avoiding the drop.

He might have better players at his disposal right now but maybe his inability to adapt to situations will be our downfall like it was for Wigan.

I want him to succeed, I really do, but I fear we are sleepwalking into something really bad here.

What would they know? Dead easy to be patronising when you don't have such worries.

Bob is a nice chap but he took Wigan down after several seasons of just avoiding the drop.

He might have better players at his disposal right now but maybe his inability to adapt to situations will be our downfall like it was for Wigan.

I want him to succeed, I really do, but I fear we are sleepwalking into something really bad here.

What would they know?

Check their football past - you won't have to go too far back.
If you think there's a disaster round the corner I reckon you're way off the mark....but each to his own.

Number of factors:

1) Perhaps we "overachieved" last season what with a new manager breathing fresh life in to the place
2) Other teams in transition like Utd who are spending silly money now to correct themselves
3) Playing Thursdays in Europe
4) Knackered players at the beginning of the season compounded by players probably carrying slight injuries
5) Loss of form/age - Baines ain't so hot this year with his crosses, Distin, Pienaar, Barkley et al
6) Lack of service to Lukaku who is a shadow of the player he was last year
7) Luck?

Bill will give RM time, of that we can all be assured. IT WILL COME RIGHT

What would they know?

Check their football past - you won't have to go too far back.
If you think there's a disaster round the corner I reckon you're way off the mark....but each to his own.
They have no idea whether Martinez will come good. Their history doesn't give them any sage insight into our present plight.

And I don't think there is a disaster around the corner, I'm saying too many refuse to see this could be a possibility. I think we'll scrape through this season around 11th-13th.

If it mean the same as being found out, not speeding up the play and having no plan B then yes, yes it is.

He had limitless money at his disposal. Comparisons with Chelsea are meaningless.
I think they're quite relevant,I'm not asking for the title,but to suggest there's some kind of disease that effects your second season can be completely written off by Jose's record,he was just playing the same game at a higher end of the table

If anything Id say we have the luck with us this season. Against Wolfsburg, QPR, West Ham and a few others we played pretty poorly throughout but had a bit of luck and a bit of inspiration from individual players. Thats fine occasionally but playing consistently badly will mean mid table at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.