• Howard

Votes: 6 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Player Of The Year: Coleman
Young Player Of The Year: Stones
Biggest Surprise Player Of The Year: Naismith
Most Disappointing Player : Heitinga, took too long to leave!
One To Watch Next Season : Oviedo

Player Of The Year - Coleman

Young Player Of The Year - McCarthy

Biggest Surprise Player Of The Year - Barry (thought he was a good signing, but didn't realise it would be a great signing)

Most Disappointing Player - kone

One To Watch Next Season - hopefully deulofeu....

Player Of The Year: Bteween McCarthy and Colman. Very, very close call but I will say McCarthy. We look such a more compact side when he is in the team. You really notice when he is missing, although Seamus was badly missed in the Anfield derby!

Young Player Of The Year: Stones. I guess McCarthy qualifies for this too but he is an established Premier league player. Barkley has had some unbelievable moments but he has also looked poor in some games.

Biggest Surprise Player Of The Year: A few have really stepped up. Oviedo was a sensation in his all to brief spell over the winter. I would have to go for Barry. I didn't have high expectations for him, expecting it to be just the winding down of a useful career, but he has been fabulous and helped some of the younger players progress too.

Most Disappointing Player : I suppose the winner of this would have to go to Kone logically, but then he has hardly featured thanks to a dreadful injury. Same for Gibson. But Kone cost a lot of money and was a key component to Roberto's plans. From my own perspective I expected Mirallas to tear the league up after showing glimpses of what he was capable of last season with wonder goals at Spurs and against Stoke. He hasn't quite hit those heights. His free kicks have been amazing though!

One To Watch Next Season : Oviedo will hopefully return to the heights he was hitting pre injury. He will be one to keep an eye on. Obviously incomings and outgoings will have a bearing on this one but for me I will opt for Barkley. If he can gain consistancy he will be unstoppable and the lynchpin of a push for Champions League, hopefully higher still.

Player of the season: Coleman, best full back in the league.

Young player of the season : Stones, looks like he has been playing for years.

Surprise of the season : Martinez, I expected him to struggle but he has surprised us all completely

Most disappointing player ; kone, barely played

One to watch next season : Oviedo, Stones, Barkley, take your pick

Just a quick thing, like a jarg PFA or something.

From this season alone - pick one Everton player in each category for.

Player Of The Year - Seamus Coleman
Young Player Of The Year - Bass Guitarly
Biggest Surprise Player Of The Year - Gareth Barry
Most Disappointing Player - Arouna Kone/Antolin Alcaraz/Lacina Traore
One To Watch Next Season - John Stones

Player Of The Year - James McCarthy. What a player he is. You never truly appreciate a player until he plays for your team, but this lad is the most dynamic midfielder we've had at Goodison in as long as I can remember. His energy in midfield has given us a dimension we've missed since the 80s.

Young Player Of The Year - Ross Barkley. Martinez has put his faith in him this season and allowed him to go out and express himself and not worry about making mistakes. Barkley has had plenty of games where he has played poorly, but he has emerged as a truly great prospect, showed moments of genuine brilliance and may even make the World Cup squad. 12 months ago we weren't even sure he was going to make it here because the previous manager wouldn't give him an opportunity.

Biggest Surprise Player Of The Year - Steven Naismith & Bryan Oviedo (couldn't split them). Last season I had written both of these guys off as poor players and not good enough to play an important role for us. Oviedo could not have done more to prove me wrong until his injury. Emerged as an excellent challenge to Leighton Baines. Naismith could barely have looked worse last season but as this season has progressed, he's begun to look more confident and has shown a real intelligence in the runs he makes, the positions he takes up on the field and a very calm head in front of goal. He's scored some very important goals for us and he is now a genuine contender every week for a spot in the 1st team. How many of us would have said that last season?

Most Disappointing Player - I don't think we've really had one of these. Kone is unfair to name here because of the fact he's not played enough to judge. I might be really controversial and say Kevin Mirallas. He's scored 8 goals and has 8 assists to his name, so he's clearly contributed this season, but I think I expected him to be our main man this season and for me he's flattered to deceive far more than I would have expected. Steven Pienaar may run him close.

One To Watch Next Season - John Stones. The World Cup has come slightly too early for him I think, but this lad has shown towards the end of this season that he is a truly fantastic prospect. I fully expect him to be a key player for us next season. I'm not sure Everton have ever had a central defender as comfortable and accomplished on the ball as him in my lifetime.

Player of the Year - Seamus Coleman
Young Player of the year - James McCarthy
Biggest Surprise of the Year - Steven Naismith
Most Disappointing Player - Shane Duffy - If he was good enough he would be doing what Stones is doing. Fact
One to watch next season - Conor McAleny

Player of the Year - Seamus Coleman
Young Player of the year - Ross Barkley
Biggest Surprise player of the Year - Steven Naismith
Most Disappointing Player - Steven Pienaar
One To Watch Next Season - John stones and Ross Barkley. No limit to both regarding potential.

Player Of The Year
I voted James McCarthy. Was a tough call though with Seamus in red hot form this term.

Young Player Of The Year
John Stones for me. His emergence has exceeded expectations this season. He will be a MASSIVE star, we all know this.

Biggest Surprise Player Of The Year
Bryan Oviedo. The lad did not look like a Premier League player under Moyes.
I thought we had another Gueye on our hands. Boy was I wrong.

Most Disappointing Player
Leighton Baines hasn't been anywhere near the standards he set last season but to have him as the most disappointing player would be harsh, as he's still been boss.
So, I'm going with Guellios. It's a combination of Gueye and Vellios. Both are sh!te.

One To Watch Next Season
Aiden McGeady. Full pre-season under his belt, settled with his new bezzies, this lad is gonna be the one. 100%.

Last edited:

Player Of The Year: Coleman, best right back in the league by a mile.
Young Player Of The Year: Stones, best defensive prospect in the country
Biggest Surprise Player Of The Year: Oviedo Baby
Most Disappointing Player: Hard to say, Osman is usually the weak link though and Joel doesnt convince.
One To Watch Next Season: Traore (he is coming back isnt he?)

Player of the year - McCarthy
Young player of the year - Barkley
Biggest surprise - Oviedo
Most disappointing - Pienaar
One to watch next season - Stones

Player of the Year- Seamus Coleman

Young Player of the year- James McCarthy

Biggest surprise of the year- Bryan Oviedo

Most disappointing player- Steven Pienaar

One To Watch Next Season- John Stones

Just a quick thing, like a jarg PFA or something.

From this season alone - pick one Everton player in each category for.

Player Of The Year
Young Player Of The Year
Biggest Surprise Player Of The Year
Most Disappointing Player
One To Watch Next Season

Player Of The Year - Kevin Mirallas, in the big games especially at home. Coleman a very close second.
Young Player Of The Year - Ross Barkley, easily. Martinez has managed him superbly.
Biggest Surprise Player Of The Year - Jon Stones, didnt expect him to play as big a part as he has, almost made me forget about Jagielka.
Most Disappointing Player - Baines - not hit the heights of last season for me and I was expecting him to progress even more, Coleman's exploits on the other side maybe contributing to my decision here.
One To Watch Next Season - Tom Cleverley

Player Of The Year - James McCarthy
Hard to call. Howard was instrumental in our opening half of the season, a new player really. But you can't say Barry doesn't deserve to be up there, and despite me picking McCarthy, i feel without Barry's presence, he'd be a shadow of that player. Coleman's been great too.

Young Player Of The Year - Ross Barkley
Without a shadow of a doubt, it's Barkley with Stones just behind him.
Biggest Surprise Player Of The Year - Tim Howard/Naismith
Says it all really, i'd still go for Howard first though, as Howard has been in great form all season, something which we all knew he could do, but perhaps didn't show in the last couple of seasons, the Villa game where he saved us from being 5-0 down at half time, single handedly, sticks in my memory.
As for Naisy, everyone knows we love a trier, and give him his due, that's exactly what he's done, he's turned himself around, and every Evertonian has warmed their heart to him, he's actually shown signs of being a footballer too (albeit a limited one), so well done lad.
Most Disappointing Player - Leighton Baines
It was between him and Mirallas, and despite neither actually being poor, i feel that in comparison to recent seasons, Baines' productivity had reduced, i realise it may be down to the style in which we're playing now, and his link up with Pienaar being snuffed out, but i expected a little bit more from him.
Mirallas would definitely win the most frustrating player award, because he's got so much potential, but just doesn't seem to want to use it. When he does, he's absolutely top draw, just so happens that he has bad games, more than good ones.

Oh, and not Kone, he's been injured since October. Give him a chance first (he can win the award next season.
One To Watch Next Season - John Stones
Was i meant to pick someone from the reserves here or?

Either way, it's Stones, i feel Distin will play a limited role next season (providing injury), and that Stones will be our first choice centre back, and at the then age of 20, will be miraculous. He's calm on the ball, he's composed and he can distribute exquisitely, well done lad. Future captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.