Ryan Ledson

Status
Not open for further replies.
T
Overall ledson was quiet but he has something. His passing range is far better than all the other players on the pitch aswell as more accurate. He looks like he is playing that role Gerrard has dropped into this season centre midfield dropping into the back four on the defence. I think he will benefit from Martinez in preseason and would probably get game time. Ledson adds to garbutt stones Barkley good English youngsters.

Kenny had a great game was solid and his marker never got past him once. He will be a great understudy to Coleman in a few years would probably benefit from some time on loan maybe not this forthcoming season but on after as he's just 17. Under 21s would be best place.
But ye both look good promising talents that Martinez can work with and they can learn quickly from him
Think we can't push them through to quickly. Remember barkley won this tornament 4 years ago and has only been 1st team ready this year

T

Think we can't push them through to quickly. Remember barkley won this tornament 4 years ago and has only been 1st team ready this year

He was first team ready last year and it was apparent to everyone besides Moyes mate, also he had a horrific injury that lost him 18 months

image.jpg

Boss.

Kenny was MOTM by far today imo, its frightening how similar he looks and plays compared to a young lahm now thats not me trying to get ahead of myself and say hes is going to be the next great FB in the world but for watching him first time in a live game i wouldn't say hes that far off being thrown in for cup games next season to allow coleman a rest.

Like bluemangroup posted before i think that joe gomez would be someone martinez would love to work with, seemed good on the ball had good composure, and is very quick (was unlucky with the goal conceded because i think it was actually his touch that let the other lad score) would be the exact type of signing we need for a potential distin like for like replacement.

Most noticable thing from that game though is the production line in england isnt the problem its the stage between where the lads are at now and then progressing to first team football that most british clubs [Poor language removed] up massively. gomez, moore (the lb), onomah, solanke, brown all look decent players but you just know most won't make the cut.

As far as I can see there is only four clubs in the Premier League who plays some of their youngsters nowadays, and that is Everton, Liverpool, Southampton and Arsenal. That should put us up as an interesting club to join if you are someone like Joe Gomez. And as some here already pointed out, the talents are also around in the English game, but that important last step and then grow into a top player is difficult since many of the clubs in the top division have no intentions of developing players through letting them play. It`s all about keeping status quo in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.