Rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim cahill

Player Valuation: £50m
Thought Martinez was going to rotate the squad for tonight's game but he didn't and he made the right decision.

Obviously if the same team is asked to play every game over the next few weeks we'll start to struggle though and it would be wise to change things around at some point, especially now we have a strong squad.

When is the right time to make use of our squad players?

let's play Robles in the Derby
Kappa.png

I think with Europa, he'll use the fringe players like Besic, Atsu, Gibson, Osman, Joel, Alcaraz, Hibbert, Garbutt etc in the Carling Cup.

FA Cup and Europa will use a mixture I'd imagine but mainly first team.

I imagine that Eto'o, Gibson, Distin and possibly Atsu will start the Palace game. Can see a lot of fringe players in the league cup games. If we don't prioritise Europa League games then last season was a waste.

I reckon he'll switch a few players for the palace game. The likes of Barry can't be playing 7 games in 3 weeks surely?

I'd imagine Gibson/Besic in for Barry. Eto'o starting. Atsu and Pienaar too. Possibly Oviedo and Kone in the squad, not sure they're ready yet though. Only guessing here.

Hope he keeps the back five, playing well, no need to change.

Gibson, Eto'o and Osman got a run out tonight, wouldn't be at all surprised to see them in the starting lineup on Sunday.

I think with Europa, he'll use the fringe players like Besic, Atsu, Gibson, Osman, Joel, Alcaraz, Hibbert, Garbutt etc in the Carling Cup.

FA Cup and Europa will use a mixture I'd imagine but mainly first team.
Expect a 2nd 11 nearly in the CC....has to take a back seat in priority this season

Played the strongest team and got the result that is what counts. Need to do well in Europe.
This 100%. I think you will see a similar team on Sunday. Only exceptions possibly being Gibson in for Barry or McCarthy and possibly eto'o for rom. Tonight's team would then play against the RS after a weeks rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.