Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 weeks from the date of the injury would be the 25th Jan. I think he's gonna do something special that Tuesday night I really do! Hopefully Del-boy will be back as well.

Injection > foot > Derby

Dave, you know as well as I do, that we simply just do not turn up for derbies at Anfield.

this romance about Barkley running them ragged is a touch optimistic at best. I'd love it if it happened but, well....

*sigh

we don't want to risk Barkley and bring him back to early, the best we can get a derby will be a draw as our record at Anfield is dreadful

Dave, you know as well as I do, that we simply just do not turn up for derbies at Anfield.

this romance about Barkley running them ragged is a touch optimistic at best. I'd love it if it happened but, well....

*sigh
Well apart from last year at their place where a perfectly legitimate Distin goal was chalked off and the game finished 0-0.

We didn't win at Old Trafford for 21 years before Martinez.

A draw at Anfield wouldn't be bad but sorry I'm not accepting it's the best we can hope for.

For the first time in years we'll be going there for the win.

3c568bc0437872f7f04767f237e0f3d6.png

Sky thinks we should draw some positives.

To say the best we can hope for at Anfield is a draw is absolutely ludicrous. That kind of negative thinking becomes a complex and is ultimately the main reason we struggle. Roberto has completely changed the entire mentality of the club hence the first win at Old Trafford in 21 years and a wonderful performance against Arsenal. By no means am I saying we are gonna win for certain but we absolutely have a good chance, especially if Barkley and Del-boy are back. Barkley has proven so far that he is a big game player who relishes these kind of occasions. He scored the winner at the Kop as a schoolboy and I certainly wouldn't rule him out doing that again. Remeber his MOTM interview after the Goodison derby? He said something along the lines of "cant wait to go to Anfield in Jan and beat them"

The club should say no more about this injury for the simple reason that if the lad shows up on a team sheet ahead of plan then he could be targeted in the game if the injury is not fully resolved.

Personally, if it,s not fully healed, the lad should,nt play vs Liverpool given things get out of hand in these matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.