Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree. Chelsea have a better starting XI on paper. The likes of Fernando, Dzeko, Kolarov, Navas and Demichelis wouldn't get anywhere near Chelsea's side
Dzeko would if they played 2 strikers like Citeh do, the rest are squad players.

Disagree. Chelsea have a better starting XI on paper. The likes of Fernando, Dzeko, Kolarov, Navas and Demichelis wouldn't get anywhere near Chelsea's side
Agree that Chelsea have a slightly better first XI but to balance that out City have slighly better depth, especially in the strikers (Dzecko/Jovetic are better than Remy/Drogba) and for experienced defenders (Chelse only have 3 full backs and Ivanovic is first choice CB backup as well)

Chelsea rarely seem to have an injury crisis though especially in defence - Terry plays an amazing amount of games for his age.

I can't really compare Barkley to Sterling as they are such different prospects. In my books, I don't think there are many young players in the world who have the tools that Barkley does. His combination of strength, skill and pace is a rare one and although the comparison is, at this stage, ludicrous, the player he most reminds me of in style is Zidane. If he ends up half as good as Zidane I'll be chuffed, because I don't think I've seen a better player in my lifetime.

Sterling is a fantastic player as well, who also is nowhere near his potential and should have a terrific career. But in my opinion, Barkley is something else entirely. Martinez often says how unique Barkley is, and he is dead right. The reason I loved Zidane so much was because there was nobody like him, and Barkley is shaping up in a similar way.

It's interesting you compare him to Zidane because Barkley, in interviews, names him as one of his idols.

Kolarov and Fernando start, Navas yeah he's a squad player. Demichelis starts more often than Mangala at the minute, expecting him to be phased out later in the season though
Fernandinho and Clichy are better than them tho..

15593770531_9e2a8308f4_o.jpg

Just got the feeling that there will be a game sometime soon when Ross is going to blow us all out of the water with a display of skill, power and dominance.

Just got the feeling that there will be a game sometime soon when Ross is going to blow us all out of the water with a display of skill, power and dominance.

At the weekend, Pienaar tried one for Naismith that I've been dreaming Ross will do for Rom...loft a big fat raindrop over the back line for him to run on to and smash in to the top corner on the volley before it even touches the grass. Some day, damnit...some day.

Giving it a bit of thought, if Ross was at a bigger club for young players, would he be put on the pedastal along side messi and co?

Now ROss is not as far along as young wayne was at the same age but he has the best footballing brain i have seen in all my years following football. the whole he knows what he is doing before he has it type of mind which is a gift in this game. So admittedly we havent got the best coaches in the game working for us but stick ross in barca / bayern / hell even southampton and i think he would be THE next big thing rather than a good scouser from everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.