RM on Talksport today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueblue

Player Valuation: £60m
I listened to his interview and I wonder if he doesn't believe that many of the younger players are ready for the first team.
He basically said that he held off until he had assessed the youngsters,he had done that now and we would see three or four players arrive shortly. is that saying that as the youngsters are not ready or not good enough we will bring in players from outside.

I listened to his interview and I wonder if he doesn't believe that many of the younger players are ready for the first team.
He basically said that he held off until he had assessed the youngsters,he had done that now and we would see three or four players arrive shortly. is that saying that as the youngsters are not ready or not good enough we will bring in players from outside.

He's said three or four all the way along.

So no change.

He originally said he wanted 6-7 new players now he's saying he wants 3-4 (that's not including Barry) so he must have faith in the kids to step up and take those spots.

He was always going make signings, what he meant was that which youngsters were doing well would help determine what positions he felt he needed

Last edited:
He originally said he wanted 6-7 new players now he's saying he wants 3-4 (that's not including Barry) so he must have faith in the kids to step up and take those spots.

Will link it up tomorrow. His last interview was four.

Don't make me quote FFP. For everyone's sake.

I can't see 3-4 "youngsters" stepping up to be serious squad members this year to be honest, that's not happened to any club since the Utd era of Giggs, Scholes and co. maybe not even before.

Any club now that can get 1 academy graduate into the 1st team squad a season is doing remarkably well, never mind getting 3-4 in one season.

I can't see 3-4 "youngsters" stepping up to be serious squad members this year to be honest, that's not happened to any club since the Utd era of Giggs, Scholes and co. maybe not even before.

Any club now that can get 1 academy graduate into the 1st team squad a season is doing remarkably well, never mind getting 3-4 in one season.

He wasn't wrong Roberto about the school of science was he?

Certainly think some of the younger players will play.

Define serious squad members.

Playing a pro-active role in games I suppose, as apposed to just making up the numbers on the bench when it's obvious who'll be the 3 substitutes coming on.
Really? I could certainly see McAleny, Garbutt, Browning getting game time this season with European commitments.

Really? I could certainly see McAleny, Garbutt, Browning getting game time this season with European commitments.

Ahead of who? Kone, Oviedo or Alcaraz?

Maybe when the groups won or the games are over but their not likely to star ahead of these are they. I think people are getting ahead of themselves with the whole academy thing, like I said it's very rare a top club can bring 1 squad player through a year never mind 3-4.

Martinez may well be a good tactician but he's not a miracle worker.

Ahead of who? Kone, Oviedo or Alcaraz?

Maybe when the groups won or the games are over but their not likely to star ahead of these are they. I think people are getting ahead of themselves with the whole academy thing, like I said it's very rare a top club can bring 1 squad player through a year never mind 3-4.

Martinez may well be a good tactician but he's not a miracle worker.
Think he trusts them. They can get game time every now and again. The squad will thin out through the year. We will be stretched at points this season and I think Martinez will want to give them gradually more responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.