Richard Dunne

Status
Not open for further replies.
You Dunne fans have got to be joking, having him back would be awful. Look at what City fans think of him. Do you think if he was any good Hughes would be letting him go. (n)

You Dunne fans have got to be joking, having him back would be awful. Look at what City fans think of him. Do you think if he was any good Hughes would be letting him go. (n)

I havent heard Hughes say he is letting him go to be honest Bob. This is merely talk from our side. But it must be said I cant see why they would give us their captain and CB cover.

You would think its only a matter of time before another bid is lodged, I would assume that would be a final bid, which will either end in Lescott being sold or not. If we are to reject another bid I can see that being the end of it all.

But surely they are aware that Lescott has burned his bridges with regard to a large portion of the fan base.

Actually Hughes doesn't want him to go. Thats why in the whole sceme of things this is probably mute. But he isn't as bad as you make him out to be. Worst thing I see is because of his over exhuberance he has a bad habit of hitting the back the net for the wrong team. I may add I'd rather have that than watch freekicks as a spectator like we did last week.

Dunne obviously has flaws but let's be honest, Lescott isn't exactly miles better. If we took £20m plus a player with 12 years top flight experience for Joleon we'd be getting a much better deal than City. Plus, if it works out for them and they become a top four team, they'll end up replacing him in a couple of years anyway. He'd be skinned in the Champion's League by players who are much more adept at capitalising on the kind of sloppy errors he usually makes at least once a game. This isn't a perspective clouded by bitterness. He's a good player but he isn't that good.

Dunne obviously has flaws but let's be honest, Lescott isn't exactly miles better. If we took £20m plus a player with 12 years top flight experience for Joleon we'd be getting a much better deal than City. Plus, if it works out for them and they become a top four team, they'll end up replacing him in a couple of years anyway. He'd be skinned in the Champion's League by players who are much more adept at capitalising on the kind of sloppy errors he usually makes at least once a game. This isn't a perspective clouded by bitterness. He's a good player but he isn't that good.

You make a lot of sense my friend. At the end of the day a knock or injury could do anyone in. So if we can find good honest hard working players to come in for one for that price i'd be happy.

No your not. lescott is overrated because he score goals. Just like Micheal Turner. Please, anyone who prefers Richards to Dunne just watch a Man City game and yu wont be long retracting that statement. Dunne is a much changed person since he left Everton, hes a top pro now.

Status
Not open for further replies.