Richard Dunne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably because he was there only good centre half and "leader".

He was okay 3 seasons back but the end of season before last, and last season he was atrocious. Turned into Titus Bramble as Titus Bramble turned into a good Richard Dunne hahaha.

Not buying into that one mate. Dunne is still club captain despite all the signings they have made this summer. I dont think Dunne is great, nor do i favour him to rejoin us, but he is not as bad a player has many are making out.

Didn't he pitch up for training drunk on more than one occasion so he was promptly told to sling his hook.

Personally I think he's not as bad as everyone makes out on here. He's deceptively quick and committed, he looked inept last year as he was playing behind a non-existent midfield and 5 forwards who never tracked anything back.

True he's not my ideal choice at centre half, but then my ideal choice would cost millions of pounds we don't have, and is paid more wages already than we can feasibly offer....so he doesn't matter

As someone has already pointed out here, Moyes has made just one mistake in buying a defender. How much of a gamble was £5m on Lescott in the first instance, and who'd have thought that Sheff Utd's best midfielder would have made an international centre back?

The guy was City's player of the year 4 years on the run .
He is a first class professional , but at 30 , is probably not as capable as he once was , and is not in City's plans .

I don't buy into this ' he's crap ' lark really .

I could live with him being back in the squad ,but would hope Moyes would have a plan of action for our defensive future .

Dunne would have little resale value though , so it would have to be on a free , and certainly not as a huge bargaining tool for City .

I'd still rather Moyes punched Hughes on the nose though just for principle .

Him and Michael Ball missed training once and Walter Smith was never one to forgive or forget and it wasnt long before both of them left. There was something happened on the team coach but I'm not too sure what that was about.

They smirked on the coach back from a midweek away defeat and Knox saw it. Then him and Mr Walter Dignity made sure the story reached the press. Which was handy becaue they were trying to sell the pair of them.

Dunne: can do a job still. How he can be ridiculed so much when we have Joe Hoofball in there at the moment is baffling.

give us micah richards any day.

would be perfect

english
plays veneter back and right back
young

Earning £70k per week at the moment....therefore unaffordable
Man City would value him at £10m at least...thus leaving less money to appease the EFC bankers out of any possible deal

other than that - he'd be an ideal signing

I cannot think what on earth made you start a thread like this on Dunne. Our feelings about Dunne were made clear in the Lescott thread.

Quality player, fans poty for three or four years, has scored three own goals in last two years though. Had a bad year last year as the missus was expectin their first child. Can't see City lettin him go and reckon he'll be worth 4 or 5 points to them this year.

My Mrs works in a BP garage that Dunne uses all the time. I said to her that when he comes in again ask him about the Everton rumours. Sure enough he was in last night and she asked him. All he'd say was he was happy at shitty and didnt wanna go anywhere. Doesnt mean he wont though.

Turned into a good player after he left here, had a lot of problems with attitude and alcohol while with us and in his early years at City - remarkably Kevin Keegan turned his career around.

Getting passed his best these days, but still can do a job at this level.

to be fair to dunney he has been superb for us apart from last year,the general feeling amongst the city fans for him having a mare last season was because he was coving for richards too much when richards went walkabout and didnt get back quick enough.

taking away last season dunne has been great for us and i would like him to stick around with us because he is a genuine good lad and i think hughes wants to keep him aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.