Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am delighted he is back and hope he proves everyone wrong. I think its ridiculous to be critical of him; he was very unfortunate with the injury.
He looked like someone re born on Thursday; massive point to prove.

I think he will prove very handy and will hopefully score some important goals.

He would be wise to miss the African Nations though and I would expect him to put the club first on this occasion considering what has been the case for the past 18 months.

He can offer pace, power and a threat. He may not be the most gifted or cultured but we havent had one of those for nigh on a decade. Think if he carries on as he did on Thursday the crowd cant not take to him to be honest. Nothing more Evertonians love best than seeing someone come good through adversity.

Why would you think that?

He played 38 games for Wigan in 2012/13, and 34 games at Levante in 2011/12.

He isn't a player that is injury prone.

He suffered one injury for us; unfortunately a bad one that kept him out 14 months. Doesn't mean he's finished and will break down again.

He's had two seperate knee injuries for us and he's done his Cruciate ligament about 6 years ago as well.

He also hasn't been close to the national squad since January of his Wigan season. I wouldn't worry too much

Yup. Ivory Coast will definitely take Doumbia, Bony, Gervinho, Gradel and Kalou. Then it'll one or two from Tallo, Cyriac or Traore.

They are 4-3-3 merchants, usually, meaning one of Doumbia or Bony starts at CF with two of Gervinho, Gradel or Kalou either side of them.

Kone would have to have a seriously productive Christmas period for us to break into that set up.

What are you suggesting- that we buy another £25m striker? The whole tenor of this thread is that Kone is proving himself to be a worthy alternative to Lukaku. Read any of the Naismith threads and they will draw the same conclusion. Eto'o likewise. We have, therefore, a choice of four strikers (not including Mirallas, who can do a job in that position)- if any money is to be spent, it should go on defenders.
Don't think this is true. Eto'o and Naismith are better as number 10s and are much more effective there.

In my opinion Kone was not good enough when we bought him and nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.