Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a flutter on Kone last goal against Woolsburg.

The annoying thing is he's had [Poor language removed] odds (when been on the bench), similar to Lukakus and Naismiths despite not playing for over a year...

whats great about this is we get to see more of GOTS great humour, the jokes about him already getting injured by falling down the stairs or similar are award winning stuff, and the quips about his camel are pretty much side splitting

Kone on the bench vs Wolfsburg!;):)

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/everton-fc-roberto-martinez-delighted-8181930?

Everton FC boss Roberto Martinez delighted to welcome Arouna Kone back to fitness

Roberto Martinez has welcomed the return to fitness of Arouna Kone and insistsEverton FC’s long-suffering “gentleman” is ready to show his class at last.

The 31-year-old striker made his comeback after more than a year out with knee damage when he played 45 minutes for the Blues U-21’s on Tuesday.

Kone, who cost £5m in summer 2013 but has never started a Premier League game, impressed his manager during the run-out, and was promptly included in the squad to face Wolfsburg at the VW Stadion tonight (Thurs).

Martinez has never lost faith with the forward, who once played in the Bundesliga for Hannover during his varied career, and believes he will finally prove his worth in the coming weeks.

Revealing he intends to use the ex Wigan striker as a substitute should he report no further problems in the hours before kick-off, the Toffees boss said: “We’ve been really clear with the programme we gave him and everything fitted with the game on Tuesday with the Under-21s at Goodison.

“I saw him so free and so mobile so I think he is ready to be involved with the first team.

“It was a real positive to see him moving like that and so strong with his touch. Likewise it was great to see him concentrating on the ball rather than how his knee would feel.

He is a gentleman and an incredible footballer who hasn’t been able to show what he can do for Everton yet.

“He’s suffered a lot and I hope now he can see the light at the end of the tunnel.”

10814296_10152823996070279_630721558_n.jpg

I saw this when i went to use the lift at work this morning and it made me think of this thread, was laughing all the way up the stairs hahahaha,

Status
Not open for further replies.