realistic transfer improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he isn't a popular choice but I like Cleverley. Think he's quite energetic in midfield and keeps the ball. Only really to boost squad numbers mind, but if we qualify for Europe again he'd be a good addition on a free.
I think Cleverly will join but next summer, he's looked ok in a rubbish Villa team

I think begovic as 1st choice at this stage

Interesting Prof, he does look the businesses and a bit more commanding that Howard, big call oust Howard tho'. Really interested to see how Jack Butland progresses - gone on loan again, very highly rated. Goalkeeper is by far the most difficult position to judge by an outsider's perspective in my view.

Begovic would cost around £15 mil unless his contract is down to about a year or so were we could try get him on a cheap, quality GK though.

For me I would like us to go for:

Perisic- RM
Kjaer- CB
Song- CDM (if got the money for)

I know he isn't a popular choice but I like Cleverley. Think he's quite energetic in midfield and keeps the ball. Only really to boost squad numbers mind, but if we qualify for Europe again he'd be a good addition on a free.

With Osman out of contract at the end of the season Cleverley would be seen as a like for like replacement with 0 transfer outlay. If Osman is offered a new deal I would imagine it will be with a view to less wages and a player/coaching role similar to Hibbert.

Begovic would cost around £15 mil unless his contract is down to about a year or so were we could try get him on a cheap, quality GK though.

For me I would like us to go for:

Perisic- RM
Kjaer- CB
Song- CDM (if got the money for)

Perisic and Kjaer would be very high up my wanted list too. Mad how we are facing both in the Europa League. Before the game started on Thursday I had a feeling Kjaer would stand out for Lille. I doubt we wil want/need a CDM with McCarthy, Besic, Barry and Gibson here and the progress of Ledson too.

With Osman out of contract at the end of the season Cleverley would be seen as a like for like replacement with 0 transfer outlay. If Osman is offered a new deal I would imagine it will be with a view to less wages and a player/coaching role similar to Hibbert.
Barney-Stinson-Shoots-Himself-To-Escape-a-Cringe-Worthy-Situation-On-How-I-Met-Your-Mother.gif

Perisic and Kjaer would be very high up my wanted list too. Mad how we are facing both in the Europa League. Before the game started on Thursday I had a feeling Kjaer would stand out for Lille. I doubt we wil want/need a CDM with McCarthy, Besic, Barry and Gibson here and the progress of Ledson too.

Our CDM position is misleading though imo Barry should be replaced within the next 2 seasons imo and for me I don't think gibson will thrive under martinez's system, think he suited the 4-5-1 under moyes in Bobbys system he needs to have more movement and cover alot of ground which I don't think is his biggest attribute, his injury record is also a negative. Ledson also just as much chance as doing a baxter as he has doing a barkley we just don't know at this stage.

Realistically in the next 2 seasons I would only say mccarthy and Besic are guaranteed quality for a top 6 side at the club, think song at the right price would be excellent business. Agree with Kjaer he was a beast and perisic torn sides apart in the WC very impressive

Interesting Prof, he does look the businesses and a bit more commanding that Howard, big call oust Howard tho'. Really interested to see how Jack Butland progresses - gone on loan again, very highly rated. Goalkeeper is by far the most difficult position to judge by an outsider's perspective in my view.
agreed Domingo.
I think Tim is becoming a bit of a liability for a club with big ambitions.
I think we have class all over the pitch- Seamus, Bainsey, Ross, Rom, Etoo, Mirallas, young Stones etc
Tim can be meh, I think if we're in the hunt for 4th we may need better.
Finally the back play between Baines, Jags and Tim has been rumbled and gets pressed now by most teams ending with an aimless hoof from Tim
Not saying that's Tim's fault but its added pressure

We need to be careful in who we bring in. We seem to have a number of very good young players on the verge of making the break through. I would rather see these players flourish than bring in an older player over the top of them. We look as if we need to get through the next year or two and then we'll see the youth policy in action. Goal keeper seems to be an issue, Butland looks a good call. Song would always be a good signing, great player and a leader on the pitch. Other than that I think we would be tinkering at the edges.

agreed Domingo.
I think Tim is becoming a bit of a liability for a club with big ambitions.
I think we have class all over the pitch- Seamus, Bainsey, Ross, Rom, Etoo, Mirallas, young Stones etc
Tim can be meh, I think if we're in the hunt for 4th we may need better.
Finally the back play between Baines, Jags and Tim has been rumbled and gets pressed now by most teams ending with an aimless hoof from Tim
Not saying that's Tim's fault but its added pressure
Arsenal have had the same problem for years, they won't truly be title challenges again until they sign a top class goalkeeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.