REACTION: Everton Draw BSC Young Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gruezi Naughtyboy !
What is your beer in Berne ? Feldschlossen ? What would be the normal price for half a litre ? Do they double the price like they did in Lille when foreign supporters take over a pub ? How much would a Bratwurst cost on the street ? I am staying at The Hotel Metrople which is on the main square, would this be the square where fans normaly gather ?

Mit freundlichen gruessen und herzlichen dank fuer deine hilfe Im voraus !

Gruezi Naughtyboy !
What is your beer in Berne ? Feldschlossen ? What would be the normal price for half a litre ? Do they double the price like they did in Lille when foreign supporters take over a pub ? How much would a Bratwurst cost on the street ? I am staying at The Hotel Metrople which is on the main square, would this be the square where fans normaly gather ?

Mit freundlichen gruessen und herzlichen dank fuer deine hilfe Im voraus !

hi there

first of all its not "grüezi", this is zurich-slang. its tschou (from the italian ciao)

we have a few local beer:
- gurten bier which tastes a bit soapy
- egger bier is ok
- ruggenbräu is not recommended
- tramdepot is just perfect (it is brewed in a place by the bear park)
- felsenau is the biggest local brand. i like it a lot.

feldschlösschen is the dominant beer brand in switzerland. you can drink it, it will do it's work on you, but you will not fall in love with it.

normal price for half a litre is 6-8 francs which is £ 4-6.

at the few pubs in bern the prices for beer is acctually the highest in town. buy beer at the grocery store and safe some money for a nice gift for the wife.

a bratwurst is about 6 francs.

i think you will gather on bärenplatz, waisenhausplatz and kornhausplatz.

hi there

first of all its not "grüezi", this is zurich-slang. its tschou (from the italian ciao)

- egger bier is ok

feldschlösschen is the dominant beer brand in switzerland. you can drink it, it will do it's work on you, but you will not fall in love with it.

at the few pubs in bern the prices for beer is acctually the highest in town. buy beer at the grocery store and safe some money for a nice gift for the wife.

Thanks for the low down on beer ! I also look forward to having a few glasses of Dole du Valais, not on the street with my bratwurst and broetli (or is broetli also Zuerich slang ?)

hi there

- egger bier is ok

You have a bear park. Is that where the teddy bears have their picnic?

hi there

- egger bier is ok

Tschou, NYB lid, merci vielmals for all the hints. Really appreciated

How does the Bern police react to football fans generally?
We had a bit of bother with the French police see...
How would they likely tolerate 3000 evertonians drinking, with flags up around the main squares and singing loudly - all in very good nature and best of spirits, of course! Are they laid back like or maybe likely to get a bit more nervous about this sort of thing? How about bringing children along?

Thanks

How does the Bern police react to football fans generally?
We had a bit of bother with the French police see...
How would they likely tolerate 3000 evertonians drinking, with flags up around the main squares and singing loudly - all in very good nature and best of spirits, of course! Are they laid back like or maybe likely to get a bit more nervous about this sort of thing? How about bringing children along?

don't worry mate

the police is pretty much laid back.

bern is the capital so they know how to handle a larger group of people. we have several rallies (demonstration) every week.
the police here don't practice close combat, they shoot with rubber bullets if you guys strike the wrong note while singing.

no seriously...everything will be just fine.

If you have any contact whatsoever with the city council it would be well worthwhile advising them to ensure that there are plenty of waste bins on or around whatever square you think Everton fans will congregate, Lille was horrible ! Beer cans, bottles, fast food wrappers just dropped on the floor by 3,000 people because there wasn't a bin in sight !

Status
Not open for further replies.