QUESTIONS FOR PAUL WILKINSON

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan ball

Player Valuation: £70m
I am meeting up with Paul Wilkinson on Monday and for anybody interested, would you like to contribute with any questions?

What was the bigger goal for him,the winner for Grimsby against us or the one that sealed the victory v the kopites later that same season?

In modern day football, does he think enough players who play for lower league clubs get scouted and bought for the top sides or is the gulf just too big? Or is it that managers are under so much pressure that they have to buy big and are unwilling to take a punt on a lower league player ( I'm referencing a move from Grimsby to Everton must have been absolutely massive to him, was that deal based on that game against us where he impressed or was a lot of scouting done where he was known to the top clubs )

Sorry AB that's about 20 questions rolled into one but hopefully you can narrow it down and make sense of what I'm getting at.

A couple of questions if you get the opportunity please.
1. How did the move to Nottingham Forest happen? It seemed surprising at the time, I thought he had potential with a good goal record.
2. Brian Clough or Howard?

My son (Paul) was born on 23 May 1985 just hours after Wilko's goal.
(actually the name had already been chosen by the wife weeks in advance)

True story dat like!

....remember that winner he scored against us, we absolutely battered them. We were so good then that anybody who scored against Southall we signed.
I know Eggs,how we didn't score that night I'll never know,I remember HK praising the team for the performance,we were superb,injury time and the one occasion they got in our box,one of those it could only happen to Everton nights!!!:rolleyes:

I know Eggs,how we didn't score that night I'll never know,I remember HK praising the team for the performance,we were superb,injury time and the one occasion they got in our box,one of those it could only happen to Everton nights!!!:rolleyes:

.....Peter Reid said we should've just settled for the draw and sorted them in the replay we were so far superior. Mind you, he said that after the '85 FA Cup Final against United. Both occasions he was right.

.....Peter Reid said we should've just settled for the draw and sorted them in the replay we were so far superior. Mind you, he said that after the '85 FA Cup Final against United. Both occasions he was right.
Yep,the Utd final sticks in the craw,at the time it was disappointing but now you look back and it was the double/treble at stake,we were so much better than them,and as Reidy said if we'd settled for the replay the following thursday with a few days rest we would have beaten them,the sending off of Moran really turned the game against us,it energised the Mancs on a sultry day,aah well,we did for them ten years later anyhow!

Status
Not open for further replies.