Question to American Evertonians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertor

Has left the building
Just a quick question about television coverage and the quantity of supporters clubs in the US. My wife who's American is recently pregnant and is looking to move back just before the birth next year and obviously I'll be losing the match going experience every week and won't come into contact with many if any Evertonians. Are there supporters clubs in most states with meeting points or whatever to watch matches? I'd like to keep the general experience of being around other Evertonians on match days so if any Americans could give me some info it'd be helpful, thanks.

The coverage is excellent. Superb.

The channel NBCSN is top draw for coverage. You get that channel as part of your package and you can watch any game you want basically.

You can stream any of the games online on NBCSN if it's not on NBC Sports. They've been aggressive about showing Everton so far because of Timmy Howard.

No need to worry about the coverage. As others have said, it's top notch. I don't live near any huge cities but I'm able to get my fix in conversation with friends, most of who are fans of the game, though not Evertonians. I'm going to take a trip down to the Baltimore supporters location for the first time for the West Brom match. I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes.

We're moving to Pennsylvania which I thought wouldn't be too bad considering it's not too far away from New York. Good to hear that coverage is good, I'd just like to be around other Evertonians is I'm sure I'll be pining to be back at Goodison as soon as I go out there.

The coverage is excellent, probably even better than the coverage you receive over there. You can literally watch any game of your choosing on NBC Live Extra. I usually listen to the talkSPORT app during the week leading up to the games though to get additional coverage as well.

It sucks getting up at the crack of dawn for many of the matches though. But most British style pubs around here will open up early on Saturdays for the games as long as a decent sized group requests it.

We're moving to Pennsylvania which I thought wouldn't be too bad considering it's not too far away from New York. Good to hear that coverage is good, I'd just like to be around other Evertonians is I'm sure I'll be pining to be back at Goodison as soon as I go out there.
Woohoo, Pennsylvania! ;)

lol It's my wife's hometown so moving there for a few years. So do you ever go to a supporters club location for a match around Pennsylvania/New York?

Depending on the part of Pennsylvania, you can contact their local supporters group and see where they meet for matches. You can probably find their twitter page and get in contact with them there.

There's an ever-growing number of Evertonians at any metropolitan area. With the increased premier league coverage and the boon of the recent World Cup, picking a British team to support is now kind of the thing to do. When I went to see Ross and the under 21's team play in the Dallas Cup a couple years ago, I'd couldn't pay one of my friends enough to come along. Now all my work buddies are in a fantasy league, and a bunch of us went to go see Villa play when they came to town.

Here in Dallas, Trinity Hall or the Londoner (both run by football-loving ex-pats) are the places to be. Very friendly and accommodating...will find your game and get you audio.

I wear my shirt once a week and never fails...someone mentions it. Likes it, mentions the recent match...always starts a conversation.

Yep...

Thats what happened to me lad. Getting used to not having the saturday craic, meeting up with the lads, putting bets on ( illegal here pretty much), beers and going the game etc ; it takes a while mate.

Have a search on facebook for supporters groups in your area. What I did and I came across @BostonEvertonians .

Group of ladies and gents who regularly meet up weekly to watch the games. Not just talking one or two here. Decent sized group. Maybe there is a group near you. Pretty sure new york has a load of blues.

There's an ever-growing number of Evertonians at any metropolitan area. With the increased premier league coverage and the boon of the recent World Cup, picking a British team to support is now kind of the thing to do. When I went to see Ross and the under 21's team play in the Dallas Cup a couple years ago, I'd couldn't pay one of my friends enough to come along. Now all my work buddies are in a fantasy league, and a bunch of us went to go see Villa play when they came to town.

Here in Dallas, Trinity Hall or the Londoner (both run by football-loving ex-pats) are the places to be. Very friendly and accommodating...will find your game and get you audio.

I wear my shirt once a week and never fails...someone mentions it. Likes it, mentions the recent match...always starts a conversation.

Sounds encouraging.. Thanks!

Yep...

Thats what happened to me lad. Getting used to not having the saturday craic, meeting up with the lads, putting bets on ( illegal here pretty much), beers and going the game etc ; it takes a while mate.

Have a search on facebook for supporters groups in your area. What I did and I came across @BostonEvertonians .

Group of ladies and gents who regularly meet up weekly to watch the games. Not just talking one or two here. Decent sized group. Maybe there is a group near you. Pretty sure new york has a load of blues.

I'm sure it'll take a while to get used to but I shouldn't be out there too long hopefully around 5 years. I'm thinking New York because I imagine when I get out there I'm going to try and get to New York as much as I can because I love the thought of it, I'm sure there'll be a few places there.

Status
Not open for further replies.