Pienaar in the middle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think him, osman hibbert should really be coming to the end of their careers here.
719aad952c0ca5445dfce5b23de12b3d.jpg

No, he hasn't got the ability to read the game and get in position quick enough. Next season he will be a squad player on the wing or attacking midfield.

Last edited:

I think he's said before he's happy to play centrally. In fact I think he's on record as saying he's not a winger per sè.

He'd still be useful playing the advanced CM role. He's not got the legs enough to play wing anymore, but he's still quite tricky and good with the ball at his feet. Not finished, but not a starter with the current squad anymore.

love pienaar,you can play the ball to him he will hold it and bring other player into the game. Impossible to dispossess without giving away a foul. If Robbie still picks him, that's good enough for me.

Always thought he could be a AM,like backup for Barkley. Good vision and movement, but has lost his pace. Should be an important player for us next season, probably not in starting XII

So Plan C for next season is to start with 12 men?:) (Sorry...couldn't resist it).

I have a strong suspicion that Pienaar would, at the very least, be better in that holding midfielder role than Osman. Not that either is ideally suited for the role mind you.

I'm just thinking for the City game who is going to play alongside McCarthy. I would say Barkley, but that was a disaster against Palace.

I have a strong suspicion that Pienaar would, at the very least, be better in that holding midfielder role than Osman. Not that either is ideally suited for the role mind you.

I'm just thinking for the City game who is going to play alongside McCarthy. I would say Barkley, but that was a disaster against Palace.

I think that Barkley will play there again against City. He's a better option at CDM than Pienaar or Osman.

Pienaar is done as a LW for us - Bobby doesn't ask his wide midfielders to cover for the fullbacks, McCarthy and Barry do that. Pienaar doesn't fit the blueprint for a wide midfielder in Bobby's system, so he's going to have to rotate at 10 or ship out.

Status
Not open for further replies.