Persistence of Martinez - Time to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

R.Reddington

Player Valuation: £35m
Maybe the title was misleading because I am fully behind Martinez. However, he has got to recognize that the 4231 just isn't working with the players he is using anyway:
1. Barry - Slow, lost all desire and is a shadow of the player he was last season. Time to be ruthless and drop him.
2. Naisy (out wide) - This just doesn't work. Centrally or nowhere.
3. Barkley (out wide) - Should also play centrally whether it is deeper or behind the striker.
4. Distin - Can't pass, slows us down. Stones back soon is the best news for a while.
5. Baines - Maybe Garbutt is a better option at the moment. Seems to care about his hair more than Football.
6. Lukaku - Time to prove your worth. Doesn't seem to care at the moment either. I'd bring Kone in.
Hoping for a new formation in the coming games, even some experimentation.
Stoke, Newcastle and Hull won't be easy.

Agree with most of that. We do need to let him make the changes, not another manager though, he's making tough work of supporting him at the moment but I still think he has what we need.

Lets drop our best striker for someone who everyone had written off 1 month ago. Lukaku scores if he gets service which he hasn't, in general, this season.

Having watched his overall game closely for the past weeks I have to disagree with you, sorry. I still support him but maybe playing Kone next to him is the better option atm?

Lets drop our best striker for someone who everyone had written off 1 month ago. Lukaku scores if he gets service which he hasn't, in general, this season.

I'm ok with Lukaku if we can get the pieces right around him.

We did last season.

We can do it again while there is still time this season. But it needs to be done soon.

Just play players in there right postions,and stop Baines taking corners lol,they are getting worst,we will beat Stoke on Friday lol [i hope,] and they have 2 days less as they play Monday,and have to travel to Goodsion

Martinez seems to think things are okay otherwise he would have make changes before today. He is too slow to bring subs on like Moyes.

Maybe the title was misleading because I am fully behind Martinez. However, he has got to recognize that the 4231 just isn't working with the players he is using anyway:
1. Barry - Slow, lost all desire and is a shadow of the player he was last season. Time to be ruthless and drop him.
2. Naisy (out wide) - This just doesn't work. Centrally or nowhere.
3. Barkley (out wide) - Should also play centrally whether it is deeper or behind the striker.
4. Distin - Can't pass, slows us down. Stones back soon is the best news for a while.
5. Baines - Maybe Garbutt is a better option at the moment. Seems to care about his hair more than Football.
6. Lukaku - Time to prove your worth. Doesn't seem to care at the moment either. I'd bring Kone in.
Hoping for a new formation in the coming games, even some experimentation.
Stoke, Newcastle and Hull won't be easy.

What a stupid thing to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.