Nine Decades of following the Blues!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I'd share this with you. My old fella is 80 today, and we still go (occasionally) to the game. ;)

He can remember seeing Dixie and Tommy Lawton play for Everton and rates among the finest he has seen the likes of Stevenson, TG Jones (a prince among defenders), Ted Sagar, Tony Kay as well as all the obvious names that come to everyone's mind.

And, unlike most of us here he remembers when The RS really were a poor 2nd Division outfit :)

So, whilst we all feel disappointed after Saturday at least I've found something to cheer me up today.

My great grandad would agree with him...and then hit anyone who didn't.

Happy B'day to TD Snr...

Thanks for all the sincere wishes. I will certainly pass them on to him later in the week when he comes back from a mini-break in Dublin!

Just thought I'd share this with you. My old fella is 80 today, and we still go (occasionally) to the game. ;)

He can remember seeing Dixie and Tommy Lawton play for Everton and rates among the finest he has seen the likes of Stevenson, TG Jones (a prince among defenders), Ted Sagar, Tony Kay as well as all the obvious names that come to everyone's mind.

And, unlike most of us here he remembers when The RS really were a poor 2nd Division outfit :)

So, whilst we all feel disappointed after Saturday at least I've found something to cheer me up today.

Mate , all the best to your Da' .
Me Nanna died in 2008 , aged 95 . She went the game - season ticket holder - until her late 80's . Uny stopped cause she couldn't get up the Bullens Rd stairs .
I'm proud as fuk of her .
She loved Dixie , but Warney Cresswell , and later , T.G. , were her early fav's .
Bally asked to speak to her when he called me .
Respect to your arl fella .

it was a pleasure to read that dan regaurds to your dad from padefc

I missed this so apologies but I hope he had a good 1.

That's amazing to hear, he's clearly a special man, if I'd been wearing a hat I'd have took it off for him

Quite a statistic here. :blink:

Only thirty or so for me, got some catching up do then.

Status
Not open for further replies.