New dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dell Boy

Player Valuation: £35m
Waking up this morning across the world are footy fans seeing we walloped a half-decent German team last night.

Some will see clips of crazy mad full backs powering down the flanks. Some will see hints of a grand old stadium and mad Blues bouncing up and down shaking it to its rafters. Some will want to know a bit of our history.

This can only be a good thing and, with talk again of a new stadium, maybe the world's greatest salesman Kenwright might get lucky this time in finding us a new investor.

And I don't care how RAWK that post might be. With a Scottish Referendum hangover weighing me down this morning I'm really not arsed.

The Blues are back on a half decent level. A bit of respect and acknowledgment of where we belong.

Now when we smash them at A**ield and Stevie G la is laid back on his arse by the Scottish Messi........

Seeing a 4-1 scoreline; you'd assume it was a whalloping.

It was. I never felt once during the match that we would get beat. In some ways it was like the reverse of the Chelsea game...you sort of knew that if they scored you had the capability to score a couple in reply

We took our foot off the pedal on 46 mins as the game was won...that, in my eyes, is a whalloping:)

You don't score 4 lucky goals and they didn't have one really good clear cut chance.

Everything is immaterial.

However we've been lethal all season, our shots per game isn't that good yet we're the 2nd highest scorers. I'm not sure if that's due to our style of play or we've just been lucky. I know when I play Fifa I don't tend to shoot unless I know I'm going to score.

It was pretty damned good.

There's a real ruthlessness to us up front, that I haven't often associated with modern day Everton.

I was saying during this summer that I was so excited about being back in europe because under Moyes we never really laid a proper marker down (the fiorentina year we got close with those wins over zenit and nuremburg but my main memories is games like dinamo bucharest and fiorentina away and benfica, oh god benfica.)

This is our chance to proper lay down a marker in eu8ope, to show the continent what we've got and how good we are. And it was a damend good start to that.

We said before the draw, we were the team in pot 3 nobody wanted to get and nobody is going to want to play us even more right now.

You don't like to get too carried away we could, and probably will be, terrible in our next game but yeah days like that are always special.

Bobby coming here is the best thing to happen to this club in a long long time. I can't wait for my next trip to Goodison.

We seem to control games so much better (obvs bar Arsenal/Leicester) than we used to do.
It feels like when we are two up or so we can pick our opponents off, hit them on the break and bang..chance.

This team is on the cusp of something special; lets hope it results in a trophy.

We're playing a brand of sexy football that's admired. Scoring a shed load of goals. Making record signings and even the new stadium talk seems believable this time. It's a good time to be an evertonian and I look forward to every game we play these days. Enjoy the ride lads

Status
Not open for further replies.