New badge growing on us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAYTALITY

Player Valuation: £30m
The new badge was brought in to symbolize a new era under Martinez. It was met with overwhelming rejection by us Toffees, myself included. The way things are going I believe this could very well be our most exciting and memorable Premier League seasons. It could be for that very reason the badge has grown on me. Thinking of all the positive feelings, new manager, new signings, new style, new ambition. It all coincided with the new badge.

What do my fellow Toffees think?

Also what if we change the badge next season and it turns out to be not such a great one would a few be looking back at the badge they once hated and wondered why we changed anything when we had a good thing. Maybe a bit too superstitious but worth a thought.

-Jaytality, first post on G.O.T

Badge is still crap whether we win everything or nothing. The new, new, badge isn't much chop either, but it's better.

Form & fashion are mutually exclusive.

Welcome mate. Personally I wasn't that bothered to start with about the badge and I'd completely forgotten about it tbh.

This ^ ^ ^

As many people pointed out at the time, if things are going well on the pitch nobody gives a second thought to a badge.

I mean, who the heck is going to sit in the Royal Oak or the Chepstow or somewhere arguing about a badge when the club is buzzing the way it is just now?

Thanks pal, I wasn't 'up in arms' myself but I thought we could have done better. I'm having trouble with creating a profile picture. Any tips? Can't believe I have put of making an account on this. already seems better than Toffeeweb and Bluekipper.

Sorry, yes, welcome to GOT!

True about sitting in the Royal Oak, but are you sitting there in this seasons kit? I can't bring myself to wearing anything with that badge on it, so I'm strutting around town in the last Le Coq kit.

Still a horribly **** badge but as long as we keep on playing this way I don't really care! Welcome to GOT by the way, tis the bestest Everton forum around!

This ^ ^ ^

As many people pointed out at the time, if things are going well on the pitch nobody gives a second thought to a badge.

I mean, who the heck is going to sit in the Royal Oak or the Chepstow or somewhere arguing about a badge when the club is buzzing the way it is just now?
If we win tomorrow they could release a new badge with a blue budgie and the words Everton Soccer Club -'Nil Satis With Alex Nyarko' and we'd still be buzzing

I know it's just silly superstition at the end there but for me I wouldn't care if we kept it for a second season we fwon a cup with it or/and gained champions league.

Status
Not open for further replies.