Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont get me wrong, i'm not calling for his head or anything and i would love to see a bit more bite in the game, like some yellow carded challenges are a joke, you get a yellowe for over celebrating ffs, however you cant do that on a football pitch when the ball is no where near you, u just cant

I think its a nothing incident, tbh a free - fair enough, but reds and what not. In fact thats a perfect example of whats holisticaly wrong with football, fair enough a free kick or a yellow for making contact with the face, but the lads goes downn when he feel contact hoping for a red. Im not condoning either, but the softness thats creeped into game or if you like protection is actually killing it, in a converse way. Look at the lads legs once he feels contact they immedaitely buckle and Naismith only shoved him - hes looking for the red. Yeah Naismith should have more sense then do it and hes lost the rag here. But if the ref gives him a yellow and tells that lump to stop diving it would be better for the game.

You get the likes of Suarez and Young getting people sent of and giving away penalites these days if someone breaths close to them its become an art.

Anyone who ever played the game knows that you have to take and give hits to win your battle if someone thinks you push over youve had it. Ive nothing against what Naismith did there - worthy of yellow - though by the laws i know he could of got a red if seen.

Personally i think the reds should be kept for the real bone crushing tackles that actually could cause serious injury, the danger is on the ground not in the upper part of the body tbh.

I mean Rodwell in the Derby last year - the game is gone to soft and being ruined by political correctness and the Sky blerts havnt helped.

I think its a nothing incident, tbh a free - fair enough, but reds and what not. In fact thats a perfect example of whats holisticaly wrong with football, fair enough a free kick or a yellow for making contact with the face, but the lads goes downn when he feel contact hoping for a red. Im not condoning either, but the softness thats creeped into game or if you like protection is actually killing it, in a converse way. Look at the lads legs once he feels contact they immedaitely buckle and Naismith only shoved him - hes looking for the red. Yeah Naismith should have more sense then do it and hes lost the rag here. But if the ref gives him a yellow and tells that lump to stop diving it would be better for the game.

You get the likes of Suerez and Young getting people sent of and giving away penalites these days if someone breaths close to them its become an art.

Anyone who ever played the game knows that you have to take and give hits to win your battle if someone thinks you push over youve had it. Ive nothing against what Naismith did there - worthy of yellow - though by the laws i know he could of got a red if seen.

Personally i think the reds should be kept for the real bone crushing tackles that actually could cause serious injury, the danger is on the ground not in the upper part of the body tbh.

I mean Rodwell in the Derby last year - the game is gone namby palmby and the Sky blerts havnt helped.

that would have been a red in 30 years ago, that would have been a red in rugby, its indefensible..but i guess thats your opinion so theres not much point arguing about it

You get the likes of Suarez and Young getting people sent of and giving away penalites these days if someone breaths close to them its become an art.

I mean Rodwell in the Derby last year - the game is gone to soft and being ruined by political correctness and the Sky blerts havnt helped.
look, i agree with a lot that you say, the game has gone way to soft mate, but this will be punished and rightly so IMO.

Assault??!...As if!

He shouldn't have done it, i agree, but we don't know why he did it, and it really wasn't that bad!

Anyone who has never elbowed anyone in the face hasn't played football.

Get a bit of Mongrel in ya son.

Anyone who has never elbowed anyone in the face hasn't played football.

Get a bit of Mongrel in ya son.

i have many times, and i wish there was a lot more things like this happening that only get a yellow or whatever, but the way proffesional football is atm he will get punished for this

even so mate, you just cant do it. surely you understand that?

Of course he shouldn't have done it, but some people on here are getting a bit carried away. I've seen far worse incidents on a football pitch go unpunished! It's not like he's crippled anyone, he probably hasn't even left a mark.

Of course he shouldn't have done it, but some people on here are getting a bit carried away. I've seen far worse incidents on a football pitch go unpunished! It's not like he's crippled anyone, he probably hasn't even left a mark.

course there wont be a mark, lets be honest it was a feck all of a push to the face, he wouldnt of hurt the lad,
doesnt help that when it happened even the scottish pundits made quite a big deal of it.but it boils down to the fact he shouldnt do it and i expect him to probably get a 3 match ban

Status
Not open for further replies.