Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although neither Neville nor Heitinga are good midfielders, it's sad that not one of us expects Moyes to go with a Dutch international player who can tackle, run and pass, over 35 (is it?) year old cannot-do-anything any more Phil Neville against Liverpool. Sad.

Replace Neville with Heitinga and Johnny can close down Gerrard without us losing Fellaini and the option for the long ball he gives us.

Gerrard is being asked to play a lot deeper by Rodgers. It'll be interesting to see if that changes on Sunday. If it doesn't then Fellaini (if fit and playing up behind Jelavic) may be seeing a lot more of Gerrard than our deep lying CM (whomever that is).

I reckon, though, that Gerrard will be given license to get forward by Rodgers, who probably sees this (rightly) as a get out of jail card if they can win the Derby.

Gerrard is being asked to play a lot deeper by Rodgers. It'll be interesting to see if that changes on Sunday. If it doesn't then Fellaini (if fit and playing up behind Jelavic) may be seeing a lot more of Gerrard than our deep lying CM (whomever that is).

I reckon, though, that Gerrard will be given license to get forward by Rodgers, who probably sees this (rightly) as a get out of jail card if they can win the Derby.

If he doesn't look at the way our central midfield has been protecting our back 4 in the last few games and straight away think that Gerrard should be let loose against them, then he doesn't deserve to manage a league two team.

It'll be the first thing he does. I just think we should deal with it without dropping Fellaini back.

If he doesn't look at the way our central midfield has been protecting our back 4 in the last few games and straight away think that Gerrard should be let loose against them, then he doesn't deserve to manage a league two team.

It'll be the first thing he does. I just think we should deal with it without dropping Fellaini back.

Agreed.

i feel naismith hasn't had the most fortunate of starts at everton.
i think the only proper start he had in a game where we played well was at villa
the other games he's played in we've either sealed the deal or weren't playing too well anyway.

Gerrard always plays a blinder against us ffs. I'd prefer Fellaini in CM and start Naismith behind Jelavic. Think he'd be up for a derby tbh.

Gerrard always plays a blinder against us ffs. I'd prefer Fellaini in CM and start Naismith behind Jelavic. Think he'd be up for a derby tbh.

I think Naismith should start also. Its not like he will be 'afraid' of the atmosphere. Hes played in the old firm which is alot bigger.

TBH getting a tad worried about the lad...getting shoved of the ball too easy. Not seen his pass completion success in the attacking part of the pitch in his most recent starts but the lad needs a goal to give him some confidence that seems to have left him.

I'd be surprised if Hibbert is fit to come back in that the right flank doesn't start off as Hibbert playing in behind Coleman.

i think despite the lack of good attacking play he has at least shown desire and played well as a defending winger. i think the attacking play will come, lets not forget he was out for around a year and it will take time for him to regain fitness and his ability.

i think despite the lack of good attacking play he has at least shown desire and played well as a defending winger. i think the attacking play will come, lets not forget he was out for around a year and it will take time for him to regain fitness and his ability.

Correct and that is why I will give him the time but he reminds me of Osman at times in his physical prowess - like an empty crisp packet blown around the pitch.

Today's the day that Naismith will introduce himself to evertonians!!

Them old firm games MUST put him in great fettle for handling derby's..

Status
Not open for further replies.