Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can declare a player useless though.

Bily was useless to us because we needed a winger and he couldn't play there. He was a fine player but was of no use to us because we needed him to play a position he couldn't. Beckford was the same, we needed a lone striker and beckford couldn't play without a partner so he was useless to us while still being a very good player.

If naismith can only play in Fellaini's role than he's of no use to us because we have that position covered, where we want naismith to play is out wide.

why is it covered? fellaini out whos the cover?

this is insanity felli in that role anyway, if we gonna get a big bid for him sure as s*** they won't be playing him behind the striker

Bily was useless to us because we needed a winger and he couldn't play there. He was a fine player but was of no use to us because we needed him to play a position he couldn't. Beckford was the same, we needed a lone striker and beckford couldn't play without a partner so he was useless to us while still being a very good player.

If naismith can only play in Fellaini's role than he's of no use to us because we have that position covered, where we want naismith to play is out wide.

No, i want Fellaini to play in his natural position, which is CM. Not behind the bloody striker when his shooting isn't great and he gets himself all tangled up in games like he did against Wigan and West Brom.

It's absurd that we're even considering playing him there when our current central midfield partnership is so invisible the ghostbusters would have a hard time seeing them.

Fellaini in midfield allows him to do what he does best, which is break up play, win possession, hold the ball and then he can still move forward if he wants to. Playing Osman and Neville behind him when they're both inferior tacklers and have much less of a presence is simply stupid.

Naismith and Jelavic have already partnered up, there wouldn't be any time for them to get used to each other. It's an obvious choice.

The other is that if Naismith is gash on the wing, and Fellaini is boss in midfield, why not play to their strengths ? Why put Naismith out of position just so that Fellaini can play in a position he's not even best suited to ?

Howard
Hibbert Jagielka Distin Baines
Coleman Neville Fellaini Mirallas
Naismith
Jelavic​

639_tommy-lee-jones-serious.gif

I like Fellaini playing up top, where he has been awesome at times, because I like us scoring goals.

If we bring him back into midfield we'd probably be better defensively but I've had ten years of watching us be good defensively. this whole thing we have at the moment where we have more shots than any other team in europe is better.

any one with half a fuken brain can see the felli will be needed as a dm on sunday , osman is certain to play if he plays cen mid gerrard will have a field day fact , osman can only play behind the striker the only place , ps nice to see so many of you good judges given nasmith stick whats the lad had 3, 4 starts ,after an injury many dont come back from unreal , give the lad a chance

any one with half a fuken brain can see the felli will be needed as a dm on sunday , osman is certain to play if he plays cen mid gerrard will have a field day fact , osman can only play behind the striker the only place , ps nice to see so many of you good judges given nasmith stick whats the lad had 3, 4 starts ,after an injury many dont come back from unreal , give the lad a chance

Nailed it mate.

I like Fellaini playing up top, where he has been awesome at times, because I like us scoring goals.

If we bring him back into midfield we'd probably be better defensively but I've had ten years of watching us be good defensively. this whole thing we have at the moment where we have more shots than any other team in europe is better.

So do I. I just think we've looked weak in midfield recently and we can't afford to be against Liverpool

We can create a load of chances with Baines/Osman/Pienaar/Mirallas/Jelavic. We do not need Fellaini to score goals. Where we do need him is in midfield where we've been totally overrun at times.

any one with half a fuken brain can see the felli will be needed as a dm on sunday , osman is certain to play if he plays cen mid gerrard will have a field day fact

Fed up of us going into derbys trying to contain them rather than play our own game, tbh.

Fellaini will shackle Gerrard better then anyone else, yes but what a waste of one of our best attacking players. Get at them score goals, if Gerrard never gets the ball because we keep it then he can have as much space as he likes.

Status
Not open for further replies.