Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he was great when he came on. Probably his best minutes for us so far. Did an important job to win the ball in the build up to 2-0:

ibdDsag5N2yFb2.gif

His theoretical ceiling is Dirk Kuyt, says enough for me.

Still, when your budget for filling out a squad is £0 I'm not really sure there was much better to be had.

Naismith was poor when he came on. He didn't know where to be, his man always had acres of space, he couldn't get on the ball. A weak striker with decent work rate might be able to do a job in midfield in the spl but he hasn't been good enough for us. Based on his performances on the right i think he's one of the worst players i've seen play for us.

He has some good points sure.

But all of them are cancelled out by the fact he is seemingly unable to get through a single appearance for us without passing the ball out of play or straight to an opposition player.

All players do it at times but he's terrible for it, and if you can;t do something as simple as that it doesn't really matter what part of the pitch you play on.

He has some good points sure.

But all of them are cancelled out by the fact he is seemingly unable to get through a single appearance for us without passing the ball out of play or straight to an opposition player.

All players do it at times but he's terrible for it, and if you can;t do something as simple as that it doesn't really matter what part of the pitch you play on.

Is the correct answer.

I hope so. Would love it if he and Jelavic could combine and get 30 between them for the season. Less for the supporting cast to do then
Try telling Moyes that mate, refusing to play him in his best position where we would get the best out of him.

There was no point bringing him in if we're going to play him in a position he's not comfortable in.

There's a limit to how good naismith will ever be. Hoping he will be moved on in the summer to be honest. I'd much rather see Barkley in the team, in any position.
I'd give him a second season to prove himself. Baines wasn't very good in his first season.

Status
Not open for further replies.