Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not sure what to make of him, one minute he looks a decent player with a good engine on him. Next minute he looks completely lost . Luckily he's only a young lad so he hopefully will learn.

That will just come with experience though won't it as sometimes he does hold onto the ball too long or makes a stray pass or 2. I can forgive him for that and if he turns into anything like a Peter Reid well we have a gem on our hands then!!
absolutely agreed Mac, a bargain as was Mr Reid himself, something like 60k!

And yet to think in this day and age we only paid 60k for Coleman!!! Signing of the century that lad and proof that with good coaching you can harness someone with raw ability into a top top player.
Absolutely, saw him playing for Sligo a few times and he looked raw but full of running! Bargain indeed!
I think if Everton could tap into football in Ireland in a meaningful way they could nurture so much talent as so many ball sports are played here, just not all association football.
My local team, Dundalk, are playing for the league title tonight (fingers crossed) and they have a couple of brilliant youngsters that need polishing Sean Gannon, Richie Towell.
Watch this space :)

Absolutely, saw him playing for Sligo a few times and he looked raw but full of running! Bargain indeed!
I think if Everton could tap into football in Ireland in a meaningful way they could nurture so much talent as so many ball sports are played here, just not all association football.
My local team, Dundalk, are playing for the league title tonight (fingers crossed) and they have a couple of brilliant youngsters that need polishing Sean Gannon, Richie Towell.
Watch this space :)

If Seamus is anything to go by they will have a hunger, will and desire to succeed. 3 ingredients I think that can be missing in a lot of young players these days when they are picking up a minimum of 20k a week after a handful of starts. Coleman strikes me as a young man whose very grounded on and off the pitch and has that burning desire to keep pushing himself.

If Seamus is anything to go by they will have a hunger, will and desire to succeed. 3 ingredients I think that can be missing in a lot of young players these days when they are picking up a minimum of 20k a week after a handful of starts. Coleman strikes me as a young man whose very grounded on and off the pitch and has that burning desire to keep pushing himself.
Indeed he is, still goes home to Killybegs and followed his mates in the Donegal team in the All Ireland final (they lost)
His Dad apparently wears a Seamus shirt
Good people and grounded in the real world

Absolutely ridiculous booking.

Yellow carded because he got to the ball first.

I noticed Balmont do the exact same thing 5 minutes later and not even concede a foul.

Absolutely ridiculous booking.

Yellow carded because he got to the ball first.

I noticed Balmont do the exact same thing 5 minutes later and not even concede a foul.

I'm sure that's what Eto'o was having a go at the ref over. The ref was a tosser but nothing less than I expect in a European game. The trick is to not give them an excuse to book you/send you off and in the main we done well in that respect. I think we will absolutely smash them as well.

I'm sure that's what Eto'o was having a go at the ref over. The ref was a tosser but nothing less than I expect in a European game. The trick is to not give them an excuse to book you/send you off and in the main we done well in that respect. I think we will absolutely smash them as well.
Lille really weren't very good but were well set up defensively.
They dont score many but with that pressing game they dont concede many
However i have every confidence that we'll do them

Never a yellow and Eto'o got my respect for badgering the ref with his big smile. We let BS like that go too often. There was another foul that stopped a break not too long after and didn't get a card either. Samuel just kept gnawing at the refs ear.

On topic thought Besic looked decent yesterday. Pitch look bobbly as the ball seemed to skip a lot. He did catch the poor pass disease that was going around the midfield too. He needs a home game without as much pressure to help him settle more

Besic had as much of a decent game than anyone. Lille were very quick to close us down and were a lot tighter on us than we were on them. We struggled to adjust to this, thus giving the ball away a lot. Also thought we never had enough players offering themselves to receive a pass and instead reverted to old of running forward towards goal thus encouraging a long range pass. Besic was busy and I see him becoming pivotable to our play over the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.