Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I thought he was ready at the start of the season but he's competing with the two players that where at the heart of most of what we did right last season.

Hopefully we will move to the diamond (although I'll be surprised) and we won't have that selection headache.

Bosnia's homeless football team in Chile at their world cup. Besic payed for their trip 5000 Euros otherwise they wouldn't be able to travel there.

http://reprezentacija.ba/15706-foto...a-u-cile-spremna-posebna-zahvalnica-za-besica

have to say I've always seen him as a Zidane / Naismith hybrid
Kappa.png

For @MoutsGoat because I was a little harsh the other day

Lionel Messi, Angel DiMaria, Gareth Bale – it doesn’t matter to Muhamed Besic.

The no-nonsense Everton enforcer will back himself to handle any opponent, regardless of their star status, and Roberto Martinez believes we’ve only seen a small portion of his potential.

Besic, 22, grabbed the headlines with his all-action display for Bosnia against Wales during the international break, summing up his steel in one moment when he caught up with Bale in full flow and dispossessed the flying Real Madrid hero.

That challenge was so impressive it became an internet hit, but after watching his summer signing do the same against Messi at the World Cup and Di Maria at Old Trafford, Martinez wasn’t surprised.

“Our league is unique and he’s coming to terms with it but he’s got one of the strongest mentalities I’ve ever seen,” says the Catalan.

“He’s ready to do whatever the team needs and challenge the most effective team for the opposition; whether it’s Di Maria or Gareth Bale for his national team.

“You only need to see the way the Bosnian fans showed incredible affection to him to realise how he is admired. The performances he had for us at Anfield and Old Trafford shows you he is growing into a special footballer.

“Sometimes you forget Mo is only 22.” (I edited this sentence because 21 was in the article...)

Besic has proven to be a diligent addition to the squad, and an ardent student of the game,

“He is someone who has an incredible desire to get better,” says Martinez. ”Every session he comes over and asks me what to do next , how to improve. He accumulates an incredible knowledge of the game.

We’ve only scratched the surface with him so far. He can do anything; it’s just allowing him to master a real job in the team. He needs clear direction and then he can do what you want; start the play, switch the play, use the long and short pass.

“Defensively he is aggressive with control and to have that balance is difficult. From our point of view it’s been a joy to see him grow so far.”

Last edited:
Then he's as evil as I had hoped. Let him stay.

Not evil enough, I'm building a squad for the 2015-16 Season that will blow you to [Poor language removed] mars with venom.

4-3-1-2

Kim Jong Un

Abubakar Shekau
The Concept of Disappointment
One of Hitlers Relatives
Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi

Nigel De Jong
The Republican Party
Michael Gove

Mark Thatcher

Augusto Pinochet's Sash
Milton Friedman

Stick your bets on the boys now, it's gonna be messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.