Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching him play against Bale and against Hazard I don't understand how anyone can not be excited about Besic. Isn't Origi supposed to have crazy speed? But Origi couldn't outpace Besic in a 1v1 in space on the left wing. Only thing about Besic is he looks a bit lost in the attacking third, but in the other two thirds of the pitch he's all sorts of useful.
Agree with everything you've said. He played a CB for awhile, and I think it will take him a bit to adjust to the new role. But a midfielder who knows how to defend, that's awesome.

Speed, work ethic, skill on the ball, crossing.. he's got a lot going for him. Let's not forget the psychological factor. I bet players [Poor language removed] themselves when they are his marked man.

Summary of the 2 internationals.

I think we all agree that against Wales and Bale he did an outstanding job. Not only overplayed Bale a lot of times and did awesome tackles but he had the best good pass ratio, most passes and most ground covered.
Against Belgium he was a little raw, mistimed tackles but also some brilliant ball steals. And he commanded the defence as well. And as I watched some of the Belgians were really pissed of about him when he stepped up and started man-marking them from time to time. And despite of Your fear never went closer to Lukaku than 3 meters :) Maybe he was mentally tired a bit because of the Wales game.

It's obvious that he needs more time to get used to higher level football, but when You're take the facts that coming from a nonamed league, playing never against big clubs he is capable of doing what he've done against RS,MU, Bale and what he did at WC it's clear that he's not mediocracy.

Weakness (for now): play at attacking third, shooting, headers, sometimes overcombinating things
Strength: remarkable man-marking, tackles at sprints, vision on the field and outstanding work pace - clearly he's everywhere on the field, seems physically never tired

It's just up to him and the coaches, teammates to teach and learn those things which is missing from him and I think by January he'll be ready.

Sick of reading how poor his attacking play is, since when does a defensive holding player need to be able to play like Ronaldo? He's not there to do the job of Barkley/Naismith etc., neither is Barry or even McCarthy for that matter. Next people will be asking why Tim Howard hasn't added to his goal tally
Spot on I was thinking exactly the same thing it's a little bizarre!

He thrives on responsibility. His one deficiency is that he can't head a ball. In fact he's clearly not keen on going in for headers.

I would have him & McCarthy together V Villa.
I'd have all 3 of them -- McCarthy, Besic AND Barry. We need all the protection we can give to our back 4 currently. Pienaar to play to reignite the left wing link up with Baines (we forget at times just how creative that link up is). Naismith and Eto'o or Lukaku then to make up the team.

Reminds me a bit of Claude makele formerly of real and Chelsea. High praise indeed, but he is strong in the tackle, good passing range and makes himself available for the ball at all times. I think he could develop into a really good player for us.

Reminds me a bit of Claude makele formerly of real and Chelsea. High praise indeed, but he is strong in the tackle, good passing range and makes himself available for the ball at all times. I think he could develop into a really good player for us.
Twice the player that one dimensional makalele was, all 'water carriers' can do one, he reminds me more of pele

Status
Not open for further replies.