MOTM: Everton v West Ham. 22nd Nov at 15.00.

MOTM?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Howard 5
  • Coleman 7
  • Jagielka 5
  • Distin 5
  • Hibbert 4.5
  • McCarthy 6
  • Osman 7.5
  • Mirallas 4
  • Naismith 4
  • Barkley 5
  • Lukaku 6
  • Eto'o 7

Howard, Distin & Jagielka 5? Howard dealt really well with their balls into the box and had no chance with the goal - Jagielka and Distin headed nearly everything.

Howard, Distin & Jagielka 5? Howard dealt really well with their balls into the box and had no chance with the goal - Jagielka and Distin headed nearly everything.
Howard didn't do much. He went walkabout on a couple of crosses and we got away with it. The feller is not assured with that stuff. Distin was sloppy on a couple of occasions playing out. As for Jagielka, I'm not sure getting a block on a poor player like Carroll deserves more than I gave.

Ossie had a good game but McCarthy gets my vote. Held the team together in Barry's absence.
Bry's right too. Eto'o was pure class when he came on.

Osman MOM by a long way. Eto'o did well when he came on and Jagielka has completely put his dodgy early season form behind him.enjoyed today's game the team played with a lot of spirit

Howard 7 - Dealt well with the aerial balls into the box for the most part.
Hibbert 6 - Played ok but was exposed alot
Distin 7 - Defended well and dealt with the long balls
Jagielka 6 - Defended well but turned his back for the deflection
Coleman 7 - Such a great engine
Mirallas 5 - Very quiet coming back from injury
McCarthy 8 - What a beast, yellow card just made him better
Osman 8 - Best game in ages, just beats out McCarthy for mom due to winning goal.
Naismith 6 - Linked up well, shouldve scored but it went into row z
Barkley 6 - Played ok around the box, not to good not to bad
Lukaku 7 - Great awareness, reaction and positioning to score, instrumental in the second.

Besic 6 - Looked tidy when he came on. Helped close out the game.
Atsu 5 - only on for 3 mins
Eto'o 7 - Best first touch in the league. Great assist and should have capped off a great cameo with a goal.

Martinez 8 - good substitutions

Osman by a country mile, followed by McCarthy. The Eto'o substitution changed the game. Everyone else was a bit average, not sure how Barkley got a six, he was poor today.

Howard - Did well with everything he had to deal with, couldn't fault him for the goal.
Coleman - Bags of energy, always gave their left side something to think about. Playing his way back to form
Jagielka - Great leader, great captain, been a machine ever since THAT goal. Unlucky with the deflection, but another good performance.
Distin - West Ham had crap strikers didn't they? Distin dealt with the aerial bombardment very well.
Hibbert - Has limitations. Wasn't awful, and did okay in containing Jenkinson, who I rate, but limited our attacks down that side, and did let a couple crosses in. Can't wait for Baines/Oviedo back.
McCarthy - Great tackle, great engine, great game. Motm for me, he was everywhere, and seems to be adding a more attacking streak to his game now, which will be the difference between decent midfielder, and one of the league's best. Another stand out performance.
Osman - My second choice, some very nice link up play,always a handful, really on edge. Didn't take a second too long on the ball, and played some wonderful football, including the Eto'o chance. Scored the winner too.
Mirallas - Gave the team attacking impetus, and a big boost on his return. Wasn't at his best, as expected, but he was a handful nonetheless, good link up with Rom in particular.
Barkley - Not his best game, but nice touch and turn for the first goal. Wasn't good, wasn't bad.
Naismith - Seems to have played his way out of form, should have done better with the chance he had. Not terrible, but not one of his better performances
Lukaku - Got a goal, that's what he is there for. Decent game

Eto'o - Great substitution by Martinez. How he didnt bag one himself is beyond me, but good impact from Sammy.
Besic - Solid.
Atsu - Did he even come on?

Status
Not open for further replies.