Mirror Football's coverage of Everton - a conversation with a top Mirror journo

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Maddock; that's the shobgite I previously referred to who had a weekly column dedicated to Liverpool. I'm not just talking like it was a biased column either. They actually self-advertised it as (paraphrase) 'read the the latest on LFC in David Maddock's LFC column every Wednesday in The Daily Mirror.'

he does our match reports too ffs.
id like to see the mirror treated the same way as the sun in liverpool

I remember they had some RS blurt make an article on the online edition after the first merseyside derby last year which was the most comically biased piece of reporting i've ever had the misfortune to read in a national newspaper. I mean it was from a Liverpool fan perspective but it was flat out changing history, you could've sworn blind he'd been watching a different game completely and the Mirror imo shouldn't be getting people who can't at least be a little objective writing sports columns for them. I was fuming to the point where i actually wrote them an email to complain, the only time i've ever done such a thing

I remember they had some RS blurt make an article on the online edition after the first merseyside derby last year which was the most comically biased piece of reporting i've ever had the misfortune to read in a national newspaper. I mean it was from a Liverpool fan perspective but it was flat out changing history, you could've sworn blind he'd been watching a different game completely and the Mirror imo shouldn't be getting people who can't at least be a little objective writing sports columns for them. I was fuming to the point where i actually wrote them an email to complain, the only time i've ever done such a thing

I don't think there's a problem with that if they offer the opposing side too. Don't suppose they did though?

Nothing mate. I'll try and find the article but it won't be easy, you won't believe it

Edit - found it http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/kevin-mirallas-luis-suarez-everton-2849703#ixzz2lfhGXmSG

Lol. What jokers.

I have the Daily Mail app on my phone. Me and a few mates got in to the habit of reading it every morning for pure comedy value and sending each other the most outrageously ridiculous/agenda driven stories. The back pages of the Mirror are turning in to the same thing for me now.

Fat mongs like jim boardman really piss me off. There are hundreds of decent journalists out there with no chance of ever getting in the press and he can spout utter shiite all day long.

Edit - found it http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/kevin-mirallas-luis-suarez-everton-2849703#ixzz2lfhGXmSG[/QUOTE]

I remember that now. I honestly don't know how some of these garbage "match reports" get past the sub editors when idiots like this dice with a potential libel case. They don't reflect the game half the time and just act as a vanity project for the writer to make a name. The club should step in and sanction these gobsh...but they never seem to. Pity he wasn't "reporting" on that derby with Gerrard on Naysmith...or Kuyt on Neville.

kuyt.jpg

Remember yesterday Mirrorfootball said Astu will join Sunderland on loan?
His agent has just said its between Villa and Everton. He's rejected Sunderland
Worst ITK ever!!!

He's ours then.

There's NO WAY he'll choose Aston Villa over Everton

On the issue of Stubbs. He did come out and say that about Baines and I also remember the rumours about Rooney.

It could be the reason why he's no longer at the club. Martinez would be the kind of guy to get rid of someone for this but not to do it in such a public way that it reflected badly on anyone.

I wouldn't necessarily dismiss everything he says as rubbish however he also does choose to post everything he knows however dubious.

On the issue of Stubbs. He did come out and say that about Baines and I also remember the rumours about Rooney.

It could be the reason why he's no longer at the club. Martinez would be the kind of guy to get rid of someone for this but not to do it in such a public way that it reflected badly on anyone.

I wouldn't necessarily dismiss everything he says as rubbish however he also does choose to post everything he knows however dubious.

None of his recent pronouncements have come to pass.

The lastest headlines in the sport section reflect someone who is rather trying to re write history

None of his recent pronouncements have come to pass.

The lastest headlines in the sport section reflect someone who is rather trying to re write history

No they haven't but we've just been slagging people off for criticizing ITK's here for posting what they know when it doesn't happen.

Would it really surprise you if Utd last season wanted Coleman or that they had approached his agent?

I think the reason none of their predictions have come true recently is because of Martinez basically saying they aren't for sale at any price and the players now buying into the fact that we're not a selling club and are looking to break the top 4. Not because the other teams aren't interested.

Even the article in the Mirror today sort of went on (inside the back pages) to basically say that and that the context of the term "small team" was reference that due to the TV money teams like Everton can now compete with the big boys and that next season should be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.