Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can think of 2 explanations as to why he didn't make any subs today.

1 - he is clueless when it comes to plan B

and/or

2 - he has no faith in anyone on the bench.

But last season he wasnt, was he? He got tons of rep for subs. Cant understand it me.

Which is why I think 2 is spot on. He knwos the squad is either not properly fit or not good enough (in his opinion)

I suppose he could at least say to those who played that they had their chance to turn it around. If there aren't some changes to the starting 11 after a performance like that then I really will think he's losing the plot.

I think Martinez will do fine here if and only if he doesn't adopt the Moyes mentality of 'my favourites play regardless'. I really hope he has the minerals to be able to drop under performers like Baines, Barry, Lukaku, Jags when the need arises or we will struggle even more.

Martinez has done well by giving youngsters like Barkley and Stones a run out and now with Garbutt and Browning coming through its good for the future of this club but moreso we need to use the latter to pressurise the regulars. I want him to be ruthless now.

We need a keeper, winger and CB in the window. Howard is finished

Play players in the correct positions and we will improve, if not, it will continue.

I didn't think we were great against QPR, but didn't think we'd get schooled by the Soton reserves

I have lost faith and don't think he is capable of turning it round.
We are so easy to play against and he changes nothing.
Playing without width today was laughable and so easy for them.
Martinez is lost and the drivel he comes out with after games is making him look stupid.
The players seem lost and the spirit is lacking.

I'm at the stage where I'm hoping to have some kind of Europa run, avoid relegation and pray that Martinez learns from his mistakes. On the last point I'm far from confident however

Status
Not open for further replies.