Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's all pretty clear: we should have a squad like Chelsea or City.

Can't think of a single reason why that record points achieving Spanish eejit hasn't done this in three transfer windows.

Well, apart from not having the money to buy and pay strong, young players.

My word! Doesn't the Catalan clown realize he has to pander to every supporter's particular agenda? Fool. Martinez OUT!
1 of the best posts I've seen on here

We have options there believe it or not. More than we do elsewhere. But because our team is so torn apart by injuries, it doesn't matter that we have cover there as we've been effectively putting out a 2nd XI. When you lose that quality all over the pitch you inevitably see a drop in performance and results. Any team in this league losing 6 key 1st XI players would struggle.
Osman, Pienaar, Mirallas, Naismith and Eto'o are all viable options to play in the number 10 role.

We're Everton mate, we're never gonna have an injury free squad, Osman no chance it's like playing with 10 men when he's on the pitch way past it, Pienaar to easily knocked off the ball and is much better on the left with Baines, Mirallas Martinez is a wing nut and he's gonna stay on the wings, Naismith for me isn't quite a midfielder but can sometimes do a job there depending on who we are playing but still we'll need someone a lot better and i can't speek for Eto'o ain't seen him play that positon, we do need another ACM

we've definitely tightened things up and have been more conservative last few games, which has seen us not look as fragile at the back thankfully.

it's meant we've not been as exciting to watch and a little less attacking compared to the start of the season - but results are what's most important at the end of the day. just hoping it's a case of getting defensive confidence and solidarity back and then we can go a bit more attacking and start smashing some teams, because we really should be.

we've definitely tightened things up and have been more conservative last few games, which has seen us not look as fragile at the back thankfully.

it's meant we've not been as exciting to watch and a little less attacking compared to the start of the season - but results are what's most important at the end of the day. just hoping it's a case of getting defensive confidence and solidarity back and then we can go a bit more attacking and start smashing some teams, because we really should be.
"Last few games" is about right. That chimes in with barkley's return. I wouldn't underestimate how much he contributes to us squeezing the opposition. He's often the first obstacle they face getting their moves together and if they go by him they run into Barry-Besic, Barry/McCarthy.

If he'd been available all season we'd be top four right now. No question in my mind.

"Last few games" is about right. That chimes in with barkley's return. I wouldn't underestimate how much he contributes to us squeezing the opposition. He's often the first obstacle they face getting their moves together and if they go by him they run into Barry-Besic, Barry/McCarthy.

If he'd been available all season we'd be top four right now. No question in my mind.

nah, naismith is our top scorer. howard and jagielka have been the issues and the reason we're not top 4.

nah, naismith is our top scorer. howard and jagielka have been the issues and the reason we're not top 4.

I would be adding Distin to that, Coleman being injured and McCarthy and Barry taking time to find top form. Mix that in with an unfit Lukaku and you get an Everton side looking like tripe. Dave is right about Barkley though, he attracts 2-3 players every time which inevitably leaves more space for others. The lads class so it's inevitable we will miss him. Even yesterday when he wasn't totally at it, watch Lille 's CB Kjaer and how much attention he gave him, almost treated and marked him like a main striker.

I think it predates the return of across, Dave.

There was a new pragmatism on view at The Pit and again at Old Trafford.

We were much tighter in both games.

I think it predates the return of across, Dave.

There was a new pragmatism on view at The Pit and again at Old Trafford.

We were much tighter in both games.
Yeah maybe the more cautious outlook was on show before barkley's return, but back to front we've executed that more successfully since his return.

Yeah maybe the more cautious outlook was on show before barkley's return, but back to front we've executed that more successfully since his return.

Yes...Ross has the option to turn a mean defensive blanket into a fast paced counter attack, sommat we badly missed in these oppressing two months of the season, especially with Mirallas and Seamus both missing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.