Martin Tyler reception

Status
Not open for further replies.
the way his voice broke with despair at the end of the Palace game lol

Colours very much nailed to the mast
Exactly. Just listen to his commentary when the goals go in: ecstatic when the RS score, downbeat when Palace score. It made wonderful tv!

I've read a few articles about Martin! He's clearly a Liverpool fan, the excitement of his voice after the goals they scored vs Man City was unbelievable compared to Man City's goals. His comments were pretty low about us to be honest, we had nothing to play for against City and If we won Liverpool fans would've talked about that day for years, I for one didn't want to win that game. I don't like the man, but, I guess he's been a good commentator over the years.

Inside the ground who cares about who is commentating on the telly? Can't remember ever getting a fume on just because I knew Anal Green was doing the 5Live commentary, don't think I'm arsed about Tyler or any other of the stalinists once I'm in the ground. Save the oxygen, lads.

This, just watch it

Just listen like. He gets a frog in the throat after the equaliser, thought he was about to cry.

I've heard complaints about commentators before, but when I've listened couldn't hear it. That sounded rather obvious.

Do we have audio from the Everton/City game?

I met him on the London tube in the early 90s after an 1-1 draw between Ireland and England. He was pissed and stuff he was spouting about the RS being the biggest club in the world was brilliant, we got great milage out of him on the wind up - hook line and sinker.

I hope in some small way i contributed to his biterness, that is all.

Maybe my memory is buggered, but wasn't he the commentator for our ECWC win? I was young, like.

There's irony....

Status
Not open for further replies.