Luke Garbutt

Try to keep him, or let him leave ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He surprised me tonight....so much composure and calmness in what was a massive game for him. I think that spells the end of Hibbert at left back as we now have excellent cover for Baines in Garbutt and Oviedo. This squad is growing stronger and stronger.

Thought he was top class tonight and surely we wont be seeing Hibbert playing in that position again any time soon.

Is his contract nearly up? I wonder how he feels about committing his future to us given the competition he has ahead of in his position.

Like many have said, he's not 18, and might feel it is time to find a club where he has more chance of getting a regular starting spot, playing week in week out.

I hope not as he looks like he could develop into a top player.

Thats the only worry. Baines isnt showing any signs of slowing up. I wouldnt be surprised if hes still as good and fit in 4 years time

I think tonight's performance from him should ease any doubts Bobby had about Luke's readiness for first team action. I imagine his name will be going into the mix in future and that will be the last we'll see of 'Emergency' Left Backs.

Well Done Luke, top job tonight.

Very impressed with Luke tonight. He looked like he had been part of the 1st team for years.
What i love most about watching us is that every player appears to know their role and what is expected in the position they occupy.
So we are not relient on individuals but the whole team as a collective.

I hope he has many years, and nights like tonight ahead of him for Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.