Luke Garbutt

Try to keep him, or let him leave ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking back at my own non-footballing experiences of playing in sports teams...I used to be extremely disappointed when I didnt make the starting line up despite being in adult sides at 13/14.

It may be he holds out till Jan to see what the score is but with baines back his chances will be limited. He should have had a chance.

I think he will get some game time mate ;)

They absolutely took the piss out of our left hand side all game. Hibbert was a left centre back in a three it looked like at times, there was no one in the left back position. I think Roberto got away with one today.

They absolutely took the piss out of our left hand side all game. Hibbert was a left centre back in a three it looked like at times, there was no one in the left back position. I think Roberto got away with one today.
To be fair, we had no one tracking back or going over to help out. Ossie tried a few times

absolutely 100% spot on, utterly terrible decision from Martinez, and he's lucky to get away with it

Ridiculous decision by Roberto to play Hibbo and your definitely right in saying that he got away with it today luckily.

We had absolutely nothing attacking wise down our left hand side all game which invited Jenkinson down that flank all afternoon because he wasn't arsed about getting back defensively because he had nothing to do, luckily Jenkinson is as bad as Hibbo at attacking!

Feel sorry for Garbutt, it's not exactly going to breed confidence in him that he can't get in ahead of a washed up right back playing out of position

Garbutt wasn't played because the manager must feel that he isn't up to the standard. If the manager felt he could cope he would have played him rather than switching Hibbert.
I think with Baines and Oviedo ahead of him it doesn't look god that he still can't get a game when both are missing.
RM sees him everyday and must feel his game isn't complete yet.

Everton play in one of the most competitive and difficult leagues in the world.
Youngsters get played when they are ready or there is a desperate injury or suspension crisis.
We all love to see young players come through from the academy, but the number that actually
make the grade at the top level are very few.
Moyes had as good a record as anybody with youngsters, how many have left the club in his tenure
and went on to become top players?

The truth is, Roberto gives youth just as little chance as his predecessor.

That's absolutely false.

Garbutt wasn't played because the manager must feel that he isn't up to the standard. If the manager felt he could cope he would have played him rather than switching Hibbert.
I think with Baines and Oviedo ahead of him it doesn't look god that he still can't get a game when both are missing.
RM sees him everyday and must feel his game isn't complete yet.

Exactly this.

Defo not a game for Garbutt today, Roberto got that spot on. West Ham worked hard, they had players out and the way they set up Roberto should of known there was going to be a lot of work to be done, Hibbert was up for it. We needed experience in defense today, not youth.

Status
Not open for further replies.