Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something that i don't think people consider enough when talking about Rom is that he is still only 21. When comparing him with a player, consider how old that player is and where they were playing and what they were achieving at his age. Very few strikers in the world are at Roms level whilst only 21. He will get MUCH better yet over the next 2-3 seasons. A friend of mine asked if I believed that this potential meant that he would eventually be worth the £28 million we payed for him and I replied genuinely that I hoped it would mean he would become worth £50 million. At this age that is still a very real prospect.

Something that i don't think people consider enough when talking about Rom is that he is still only 21. When comparing him with a player, consider how old that player is and where they were playing and what they were achieving at his age. Very few strikers in the world are at Roms level whilst only 21. He will get MUCH better yet over the next 2-3 seasons. A friend of mine asked if I believed that this potential meant that he would eventually be worth the £28 million we payed for him and I replied genuinely that I hoped it would mean he would become worth £50 million. At this age that is still a very real prospect.

Just to illustrate this...at 21, Costa had a dry patch of 5.5 months in La Liga where he scored only one goal. He only got more than 10 goals/season in all competitions once he was 24. At 19, 20 and 21, Costa was scoring 5 in 31, 9 in 36, and 8 in 39, in the Segunda División, Segunda División and La Liga, respectively.

At 19, 20 and 21, Lukaku has scored 17 in 38, 16 in 33, and so far 7 in 21 in the Premier League.

I love the big bugger to bits tbh.

It hit me.

He is a better version of Anichebe who can score and doesn't get injured.
Anichebe had the goods to be a very good player, but obviously for reasons you've mentioned wasn't quite good enough. But I think he can hold the ball up quite well. He's no where near Lukaku. Like saying Anichebe is a better version of Akinfewa, or (insert strong black lower league striker here)

Feeling quite smug! Just managed to do a bet wth a Geordie that lukaku will have more goals than cisse by the end of the season! £10 in the bank! :D

Just to illustrate this...at 21, Costa had a dry patch of 5.5 months in La Liga where he scored only one goal. He only got more than 10 goals/season in all competitions once he was 24. At 19, 20 and 21, Costa was scoring 5 in 31, 9 in 36, and 8 in 39, in the Segunda División, Segunda División and La Liga, respectively.

At 19, 20 and 21, Lukaku has scored 17 in 38, 16 in 33, and so far 7 in 21 in the Premier League.

I love the big bugger to bits tbh.

Technically 17 in 35, 15 in 31 and 6 in 15 in the PL. Bearing in mind he was injured for the start of this season that's mightily impressive. Pretty much 1 in 2 which is the target for every top striker. To do that at his age is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.