LOSC Lille v Everton. 23rd Oct at 18.00.

Voulez-vouz coucher avec moi?

• Ce soir

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Le Everton

Votes: 139 72.0%
  • A draw lad

Votes: 45 23.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As it happens he looked good when coming on. I do see him as an impact player right now. Eto with his control and experience is invaluable, Lukaku can take advantage of tired defences.
At the moment he does look better coming on later in the game :/

....I thought Hibbert's was a solid performance. I have been critical of him and feared when I saw his name on the team sheet so I was happy with how it turned out. I don't think anybody is indicating he's a viable alternative to Coleman but he provided adequate cover last night.
It's just that when you see what a complete fullback brings to the team. Pace, incision, give & go, closing down wide threats quickly- we didn't get that, & it changes our play- particularly with the patchy aiden infront.

On the plus side another clean sheet,good point,jags,barry an hibbert performances and the milkman back.
On the minus side passing was awful again,tempo too slow and hardly any chances created.
We need to be more intense in our attacking and not go sideways and backwards as much

Delighted and relieved that Jagielka has found his form again. Easily our best player last night. Special mention for hibbo who was solid again against tough opposition. Wasn't impressed with basic hopefully hes got better days to come

Jags played well last night. Was happy with a draw but thought we could've nicked it in the end!

Go on and get three points vs Burnley (won't be easy) and then nail Swansea (again, easier said than done). Three points at home against Lille and we've given ourselves a real chance of finishing top of that group.

My ratings for last night:

Howard - 6 - Not that much to do but was solid when needed.
Hibbert - 6 - Solid, out of position a few times in the first half but can't complain. Did well.
Jagielka - 8 - Excellent - seems to have got some confidence back!
Distin - 6 - Easily shirked off by Origi a few times. Did OK but imagine it'll be Alcaraz in on Sunday.
Baines - 6 - Didn't get forward as much as usual but we were playing a defensive game.
Besic - 6 - Solid at the heart of midfield. Probably more accustomed to the 'Barry' role than the 'McCarthy' one. Did well to break up play.
Barry - 7 - Probably one of his best games this season. Broke up play really well.
McGeady - 5 - Got into good positions but wasteful. Probably should've scored but their 'keeper did well.
Barkley - 6 - Couldn't get into the game for first half an hour and lacked sharpness. Good to get 90 mins under his belt and made a terrific pass.
Pienaar - 5 - Again couldn't really get on the ball to affect things. Did a few bright things but not at his best but did link up with Eto'o well at times.
Eto'o - 7 - Held the ball up brilliantly. Unlucky with two chances he pretty much made himself.

Subs:
Lukaku - 7 - Very good when he came on, really ran at their defence. McGeady should've crossed to him for a tap in.
Atsu - N/A
McCarthy - N/A

Martinez - 6 - Happy with a draw and solid defensively. Hoped he'd had maybe pushed for the win a bit more late on but can't complain.

I'm in Russia at the moment, so didn't get a chance to follow the game annoyingly, but was irked this morning to see the team!

I know it's a good chance to play a rotated team and there's a great feeling about playing a weakened sode and still doing so well at a side that regularly competes in Europe, but we had a real opportunity to go 5 points clear of 3rd, so such a shame that Seamus, Lukaku and McCarthy werent on from the start.

Not that I'm knocking Hibbo, sounds like he had a cracking night, again!

Oh well, still top, just no where near as cosy as we could be! LIlle next week will be huge!

Good moaning, I was just pissing by.
Haha. Pleae don't swear though, mind you, it's an improvement on f'tards !

Whereas the majority of the beauts in Europe see the competition as a chance to go somewhere abroad and act like dead boss ultras with faces painted and flares, that’s not really the Everton way.

*enters grumpy old man mode

I wish we'd sack the flares pre-match and just leave 'em till we score ffs, they were getting on my tits a bit.

*exits grumpy old man mode

Allez Allez Allez Oh.
Is right Chico. Good preview mate, the cut and paste from the French magazine was an ace read too.

I reckon this'll be a fairly tedious 0-0 draw ;)

Lille, the people and their fans were generally sound. Shame about a few gendarmes screwing things up. Hopefully when they come over here we'll remember if was their coppers, not their fans who were blerts ( barring the idiots on Wed. evening, who might not even have been fans anyway ).

I've noticed that Hibbert has been passing it a bit better and keeping it on the ground. Plus Bob is instructing him to make forward runs into the box (I doubt he would willing do this if not instructed). I feel like the goal is coming. Plus both Distin and Jags did well in their marking/positioning on the counter when they were tasked of holding the back line to themselves.

Its nice to see that we have been a dumpster fire on corners too. We are slowly but surely becoming more defensively sound, now we just need our attackers back.

I saw you when you was filming near the steps, I was talking to someone and when I turned back around you'd moved away.

M%C3%A9lanie-Laurent-Is-Awkward-In-Inglorious-Basterds-Reaction-Gif.gif

Ah the old 17 year year old let loose with paint shop jpegs. I love the way both of those pictures tell the whole story like how Lukaku went fishing in a barrell from 16-19 at anderlecht.

How he was pitched in his 2 loan seasons playing almost every game among the likes of Daniel sturridge who was on the Chelsea bench for all 2012 till he moved to Liverpool in the January.

Wierd the way it's not goals per game which would actually show him in far less favourable light. But hey, gotta make stats work for the argument, I get that.

hahahaha you're mental.

are you actually an everton fan? you seem to be favouring a liverpool striker very strongly over an everton player here.

fishing in a barrel at anderlecht? he won the golden boot as a teenager. okay fine, you're a moron but i'll go with your way - origi in his only full season so far
2012–2014Lille40(6)

okay mate, i'm going by goals per game here, are those stats comparable to the best players of the last generation? have ronaldo and messi got similar scoring rates, or do you want to change your view again from goals per game? or you going to quieten down because everybody's laughing at you atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.