LOSC Lille v Everton. 23rd Oct at 18.00.

Voulez-vouz coucher avec moi?

• Ce soir

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Le Everton

Votes: 139 72.0%
  • A draw lad

Votes: 45 23.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We missed Naismith.

Still, we're top of the group

.....it's good that we're top but it's all a bit tight. Lille at home wont be a walkover, they drew with Wolfsburg and will be a tough nut to crack. That will probably be the pivotal game. If we win we should be fine with the Wolfsburg game the decider for top spot.

Potential? He outpowered, outpaced and tricked his way past the likes of Baines and Distin.

When the likes of Kompany says he will be one of the top 5 strikers in the world at the rate he's progressing then you know he's good.

Me? I just use my eyes and judgement, the lad has the lot. £10m is a steal. Lille tried to keep him under the radar as they rated him as a better potential player than Hazard. I knew this before the world cup as his inclusion raised eyebrows.

Hah jokes.

He was bang average. If he was so tremendous why did Tim Howard save virtually all 20,000 shots from him in the world cup.

He's got some pace but little else. He was comfortably dealt with last night as far as I saw.

I don't "unconditionally" rate him like 90% of fans. I see a player with an awful lot of development to be done if he is going to achieve the levels most already think he is at. Most posts are trying to temper the ridiculous excuses and OTT plaudits he receives.

Premier league defences know how to play him and he is struggling to adapt. The only way he will is to become a better "footballer".

It's essential he does improve in this regard as he is not going to be worth what we paid unless he does.

.....I thought Lukaku did fine when he came on and I'm sure he'll be fine for us. A big strapping lad who can look cumbersome when not at his sharpest but I'm sure he'll go on a goalscoring run this season.

....I thought Hibbert's was a solid performance. I have been critical of him and feared when I saw his name on the team sheet so I was happy with how it turned out. I don't think anybody is indicating he's a viable alternative to Coleman but he provided adequate cover last night.
exactly

....I thought Hibbert's was a solid performance. I have been critical of him and feared when I saw his name on the team sheet so I was happy with how it turned out. I don't think anybody is indicating he's a viable alternative to Coleman but he provided adequate cover last night.

He's certainly no Coleman

Got back home this morning.
Poor match, happy with a point, might read Chico's preview later which I'm sure will be a damn sight more entertaining than the footie.

On the plus side ( kind of ), Martinez showed a pragmatic side to him last night. Despite all the talk about going out to win every game, we set out for a point last night and a solid defensive display made sure we got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.