Long, long injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggs

Player Valuation: £100m
Why do our players take so long to recover from injury? Recently I spoke with a renowned expert who told me that recovery timescales in Premier League are recorded to assess medical performance. As this person pointed out, the cost of having highly paid players on the sidelines is astronomical and the drive to get them back is key. As far as I know, recovery figures are not in the public domain but I would love to see how we compare. This 'expert' said he had visited Finch Farm and Everton have all the equipment but nobody knows how to use it. Getting players back quickly gives clubs an edge but we seem to be lagging. Baz Rathbone got the heave ho but who oversees our medical process? Mirallas comes back for a game & is struggling again, Gibson out for months with a groin injury and I dare not mention big Vic. It is an important area but is it one that fans consider?

Why do our players take so long to recover from injury? Recently I spoke with a renowned expert who told me that recovery timescales in Premier League are recorded to assess medical performance. As this person pointed out, the cost of having highly paid players on the sidelines is astronomical and the drive to get them back is key. As far as I know, recovery figures are not in the public domain but I would love to see how we compare. This 'expert' said he had visited Finch Farm and Everton have all the equipment but nobody knows how to use it. Getting players back quickly gives clubs an edge but we seem to be lagging. Baz Rathbone got the heave ho but who oversees our medical process? Mirallas comes back for a game & is struggling again, Gibson out for months with a groin injury and I dare not mention big Vic. It is an important area but is it one that fans consider?

FFS... This isn't true, surely?

i take it other clubs dont get long injuries then ???look at the likes of wilshire out for well over a year , diame at west ham looking at 3 months out . we aint the only club that gets them .

I don't think it is unique to Everton, or even just to football. Athletes nowadays are much more highly tuned than in previous years. While muscle mass can be increased and strengthened, other parts of the body such as ligaments can not be strengthened to the same degree. So you have the situation where a ligament is carrying a lot more load than it is designed to, whether that is increased muscle mass or increased aerobic capacity meaning the muscles are working harder for longer. Eventually these parts crack the sh1ts resulting in a lengthy injury.

TBH mate, a lot of this means absolutely nothing, as one of the reasons that Baz left was because his role had changed, many of the players these days, that come on big money, bring their own medical staff with them. Baz felt that he was losing control of his team because of the influx of other people who he didn't choose.

With this in mind, I would fully expect that the exact same issues occur at other clubs.

To infer that "Everton have all the equipment but nobody knows how to use it" is in my mind, ridiculous. These are professionals who have worked in many places and are employed solely due to their medical expertise. I very much doubt that in the modern day, they would 'not have a clue' on how to use the equipment.

This is absolute rubbish. It just seems like our players take longer to recover because they are "our" players. It's exacerbated by the fact our squad is paper thin and we feel they're absence more than other clubs.

Our injuries and medical facilities are no worse/better than most other premier league clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.