Lille Though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great away. Nice city, nice stadium but locals are a very weird bunch - they don't know nothing and can't speak a single word in english. We were searching our hostel for 2 hours.

Not being funny mate but how do you know they dont know anything if they didnt speak english? Surely someone incapable of finding their hostel and not speaking any french in france is a bit weirder

Not being funny mate but how do you know they dont know anything if they didnt speak english? Surely someone incapable of finding their hostel and not speaking any french in france is a bit weirder

Myself & @Mark Pembridge were walking round at 5 am trying to find our hostel, a lad and his girlfriend came over and looked at our booking forms etc trying to figure out where it was, she was speaking perfect English in that incredible way that French girls do when she suddenly said "I don't know where this is, come back with us,"

In hindsight I wish we had taken up the offer, Pembo was deffo havin him like

Posted this in the other thread but still:

I just got back.
Stayed an extra night in the Hotel L'ermitage. Top city, really enjoyed it.

The locals were really nice but the police were tools.
Left the square just as it was getting tasty and got off the metro shortly before a load of "african lads with bats" stormed a carriage and gave a load of ours a few digs.

The worst bit of the whole trip was the game - ffs, so average and pedestrian it makes me mad.

Hibbert and Jags the only positive.

We liked it so much my wife is going to have French lessons.

had a great day, hotel staff were friendly, let us check out thurs afternoon because we arrived at 5 am thursday morning. nice to meet fellow got members, shame about losing jimefc we came back trying to find you. honest. me and my daughter had a few beer's around the square and bordering bars after the game until 1.00 am and everyone was friendly all evening. bring on wolfsburg

had a great day, hotel staff were friendly, let us check out thurs afternoon because we arrived at 5 am thursday morning. nice to meet fellow got members, shame about losing jimefc we came back trying to find you. honest. me and my daughter had a few beer's around the square and bordering bars after the game until 1.00 am and everyone was friendly all evening. bring on wolfsburg

so you made your mind up youre going now mate ?

Anyone lose a mate called Chris?
Bumped into him in a bar, well p1ssed and telling the barman that the english are pr1cks and the French are better than us. The waiter then gave him a local sausage to eat but Chris thought it was some sort of mafia gesture and gave it to me and my wife.
Funny chap.

No way I can do it mate, be in serious Xmas scrape every penny together mode then.
jim has 2 ticket's for sale, i'll buy them and i'll drive.leave it with me for a day or 2 and i'll sort it. l/pool echo took photo's of scarlett in lille just before it kicked off outside mcdonalds. is it possible to get hold of these photo's as i have none of her, her phoned had died and we could not take any more photo's. what time did you get back? 8,pm for us. john stayed on the coach back to aberdeen, he missed his train from preston, 4 hours late.

jim has 2 ticket's for sale, i'll buy them and i'll drive.leave it with me for a day or 2 and i'll sort it. l/pool echo took photo's of scarlett in lille just before it kicked off outside mcdonalds. is it possible to get hold of these photo's as i have none of her, her phoned had died and we could not take any more photo's. what time did you get back? 8,pm for us. john stayed on the coach back to aberdeen, he missed his train from preston, 4 hours late.

I looked on Echo site actually, cos was there when that photographer came over apologising for taking her pic without asking you, I only saw match pics though.

Back today, last night in Brussels was a top in Irish bar, full of blues, bookies nxt door, job done.

Seamus Coleman song sang about 30 times

Status
Not open for further replies.