Lille - Info (Travel, Hotels, Bars, Directions etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Today has just put me right off this for now. Really can't be arsed going that far to see our defence at the mo. I was there in Lisbon when Benfica walked through us time and time again.

So god damn dejected after today.

Yeah I'll stay in Paris so I'll do that thanks.

I checked that, they play Nicosia away unfortunately. Any other Parisian teams?

Nope, just PSG.

There used to be Paris FC and St Germain FC but, well, you can guess what happened... lol

@JimEFC Any idea what allocation we are likely to get for this?

Do you know what other clubs in the Europa League have got before at Lille?

Just wondering about how easy tickets will be as i'll be after 5. I noticed last season Eintracht Frankfurt took about 13,000 to Bordeuax. Would that have been loads of them in the home end next to the away fans or did Bordeaux let them have as many tickets as they want for the away end?

Tried asking the staff at GP today about our allocation - they don't know yet. She said that Uefa standard is 5% though, which is Sweet FA. I'm guessing we'll get more.

How far is Lille train station from the stadium? Looking to stay in Paris for a few days after it and was going fly to Paris and get the train up on the day.

10 minutes on the metro, then there's specially built walkways (which I guess is like Sunderland along the river)/
Costs about 1.50 euro each way. Piece of p155.

I'm gonna put this kinda stuff at the top of the thread when I've got over today's result/sobered up but...

From Gare Lille Flandres, go downstairs to the metro, signs will say "Cantons". Follow it to the end and then walk (5 mins).

Last edited:
10 minutes on the metro, then there's specially built walkways (which I guess is like Sunderland along the river)/
Costs about 1.50 euro each way. Piece of p155.

I'm gonna put this kinda stuff at the top of the thread when I've got today's result/sobered up but...

From Gare Lille Flandres, go downstairs to the metro, signs will say "Cantons". Follow it to the end and then walk (5 mins).

Nice one mate.

I've been to Lille many times too, I love the place (and also Loos, just up the road) - have stayed many times and enjoyed it - the old quarter is pleasant to visit and good bars and restaurants. I usually go to the zoo and park on the edge of town for a decent 2-3 hour break as well. Sadly work keeps me away from going but I'm sure those who do go will have a great time.

Lille is really easy to drive around as well - plus you can hardly miss the centre when you get off the main A road.

Don't know this one...it wasn't built when I left!

Here's LOSC's officical site's page for stadium access and parking etc - it has a smart video of the Stadium, and being Lille, they've done it in English too :)
http://www.losc.fr/en/english/club/grand-stade-lille-metropole

Looks like there's a fair bit.

Parking in Lille itself is a NIGHTMARE. Very expensive if you're not just there for a quick bolt round the shops. I'll do a different post on that.

Unless you park in the park.. it's free!!

That had crossed my mind mate!

If I do have to drive myself I've been looking at parking. I've read in a few places that some of the metro stations have free park and ride. I've found this one that looks easy to get to off the A25 and close to the stadium:

http://www.transpole.fr/fr/Voiture/parc-relais-4cantons.aspx

It says it's free to anyone using public transport but do you have to show a ticket or something as proof? It says blocks B and C are for stadium visitors who've reserved their spaces in advance, any idea how to do that? Is it still free?

I don't know about this one. I'll ask some mates in Lille what the deal is with that - although I get the impression that on matchdays they won't care.

If they insist you buy a metro ticket, buy one and go one stop to Cité Scientifique and then walk to the ground from there (both tube stops at that end of the line have dedicated "walking paths" to the ground).

I doubt they'll care when there's 10,000 (20,000?) Evertonians to deal with though!

Last edited:
I've been to Lille many times too, I love the place (and also Loos, just up the road) - have stayed many times and enjoyed it - the old quarter is pleasant to visit and good bars and restaurants. I usually go to the zoo and park on the edge of town for a decent 2-3 hour break as well. Sadly work keeps me away from going but I'm sure those who do go will have a great time.

Lille is really easy to drive around as well - plus you can hardly miss the centre when you get off the main A road.

The office I worked in is in Loos! Also a cool place :)

Yeah it's easy - you should come mate...I was gonna say Australian Bar for the meet up spot, but Grand Place is so much easier to find....what do you think? Old Lille would be more fun I think, but it's harder to find...but then it's not that hard to find ... I dunno!

Status
Not open for further replies.