Let's focus on the bigger picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oviedo37

Banned at own request
After yesterday's game we all felt and still feel dejected but let's focus on the bigger picture here. Yesterday was painful, very painful as we lost a crucial game in the battle for Champions League and it was one of the games most assumed we would win even against an in form Palace side. However, we take ourselves back to February 22nd after that Chelsea defeat in the last minute and we all thought that was the moment when Champions League was no longer a possibility and since then we have gained 21/24 points and defeated teams such as Arsenal, Newcastle, Fulham, Sunderland and the lads have made us proud showing immense team spirit and now we sit 1 point behind 4th going into the weekends fixtures. Arsenal play Hull away on Sunday before we play Man United at home, I don't see that being an easy game for them as Hull are a strong team at home and will want to guarantee safety. As for us, I see us beating Man U as the players and crowd will be up for it. Best case scenario we go 2 points ahead of Arsenal and everyone is buzzing again, worst case scenario we go 5 points behind Arsenal which then it would be an uphill battle to get 4th. We would still most probably be in Europe next season though and wasn't that the goal for most of us? To either win a trophy or get into Europe or do both? I would see it as a success in Bobby's first season and I only see us improving and becoming a stronger team. Let's get behind the lads in these last 4 games and I emphasise Champions League is not over, we can still do this. 4 wins and it's ours.

I honestly think we will still get fourth but the extra positivity is always welcome. On a somewhat unrelated note, when was the last time we had two players in double figures for their goal tally? Hopefully Naismith can get one more and he and rom will have this season.

I am happy for Naisy you know mate. Remember last season when he was everyone's scapegoat and played on the wing, I felt sorry for him as I knew he was a central player. Now look everyone wants his name on that team sheet, boss!

Last edited:
Reactions: obc
I am happy for Naisy you know mate. Remember last season when he was everyone's scapegoat and played on the wing, I felt sorry for him as I knew he was a central player. Now look everyone wants his name on that team sheet starting, boss!

Nobody wants his name on the team sheet starting.

This totally, shown he can make a bigger impact from their than anyone else, seems to suit him coming on with his energy vs tiring players compared to when starting he has nothing like the same impact (Arse game aside), can't knock the effect he has had from their and could be important to turn a result around over the last 4 games

This totally, shown he can make a bigger impact from their than anyone else, seems to suit him coming on with his energy vs tiring players compared to when starting he has nothing like the same impact (Arse game aside), can't knock the effect he has had from their and could be important to turn a result around over the last 4 games

The lad plays the number 10 role much better than Mirallas and dare I say Barkley. He links the play up and stays closer to Lukaku. Notice how effective Rom was last night?

The lad plays the number 10 role much better than Mirallas and dare I say Barkley. He links the play up and stays closer to Lukaku. Notice how effective Rom was last night?

Nothing to do with link up play Lukaku's ineffectiveness last night mate, was more to do with palace sitting with 9 behind the ball and frankly Lukaku struggles when teams sit deep and force him to play with his back to the goal regardless of whose playing around him, that and the fact he just didn't look particularly switched on and looked kinda tired from early on. I'd take Barkley starting in that role over him in any game vs a big team mate, Nais has shown what he can do off the bench when needed

4th, 5th or even 6th, you've had a cracking season. New manager , replacing someone who had been there for years, was never going to be easy, but he has made it look easy.

I rated him as a manager, but honestly thought top ten would have been a decent season, because of the reasons I've outlined.

4th might be a bridge too far this season, for you after midweek but still been a cracking season.

Europe would be superb, I feel for those that only see a successful season as one where you win something.

For me, this season has been a great success.

4th, 5th or even 6th, you've had a cracking season. New manager , replacing someone who had been there for years, was never going to be easy, but he has made it look easy.

I rated him as a manager, but honestly thought top ten would have been a decent season, because of the reasons I've outlined.

4th might be a bridge too far this season, for you after midweek but still been a cracking season.

With us mate the summer will determine how this season is looked back on, we build on it by finally backing him with money then we can push on, else we may look back and have bad regrets about missing a great chance, still think we can get 4th though but need no more slip ups now which this year more than most in the league is a big ask
Cracking result for your lot on weds btw, absolutely gutting though that you threw it away at the end, you probably should have gotten 5 points overall out of the games vs us, city and the rs and came away with just 1

With us mate the summer will determine how this season is looked back on, we build on it by finally backing him with money then we can push on, else we may look back and have bad regrets about missing a great chance, still think we can get 4th though but need no more slip ups now which this year more than most in the league is a big ask
Cracking result for your lot on weds btw, absolutely gutting though that you threw it away at the end, you probably should have gotten 5 points overall out of the games vs us, city and the rs and came away with just 1
Aye, been the story of our season. Same for most with ifs and buts. Just recently we could have got 3 v palace, 1 v west ham, 1 v you lot and 3 v city.

8 points and instead we got 2. When I watched their second goal it was awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.