Leon Osman

Useful squad player ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's become everybody's scape goat for this year, he makes mistakes tge same as every other player in that squad; the difference people jump on him and highlight them immediately.

Osman is an important squad player, and what martinez as done is the complete opposite of moyes. The nucleus of his team stays the same, and the 4 attacking options are rotated regularly. He has proved hes and important squad player by the points hes helped us achieve this year

He played well last night but nots let forget the fact that he produces more meh than good therefore we need better for the team to progress. Sub for 20 mins if needed suits me.

He was boss for us first half of last season. His legs seem to have gone a bit since then however. The abuse he gets is a fair bit overdone imo though. Has been a great servant to our club, just don't think he should be a starter anymore.

Why should he not be a "starter" anymore?

Last night was possibly his best ever performance.

Ossie was awesome.

Roberto would want to be mad not to consider him worthy of a start in certain games.

Well played Ossie, la'

Why should he not be a "starter" anymore?

Last night was possibly his best ever performance.

Ossie was awesome.

Roberto would want to be mad not to consider him worthy of a start in certain games.

Well played Ossie, la'
Fully agree he was awesome last night and again I have a lot of respect for Leon. And of course, if he keeps up these kind of performances, than play him from the start as often as possible.

Ossie comes across as a top man dedicated to the club.

He has taken from getting an England call up last season to not getting much game time this season really well. Some players would let that go to their head get all sulkly, demand more game time and want to more on. But he seems to have handled it well and it shows by being the armband recently that he is doing all the right things behind the scenes, training hard and rallying the team on. Top man!

Sorry mods if there is already an ossie thread but searched and couldn't find one! For the amount of abuse ossie has put up with this season I think he deserves slot of credit tonight. He was excellent, he may not be able to play 40 games a season and his legs may go after 70 minutes but he loves everton, gives it his all despite some people getting on his back!and he shows what it means to play for everton.

He's made the most appearances this season thus far. Think 36 in total. Fairly sure he'll go past 40 for the season.

I've been one of his biggest supporters for a long time.. showed his worth last night. Perfect demonstration of why he's still a very useful member of the squad.

We all know that he's quality when he's on form. He's not going to give you 30+ high energy all-action performances, but it's a squad game, and we need players like him who can come into the team and put in a quality performance.

Having criticised him this season I was pleased he had a better game last night and scored a cracking goal but it still does not make up for the previous dreadful performances, in my view he has cost us a points this years by his weakness in midfield having the ball taken off him by the big boys and looking like a kid playing against men. He nearly cost us a goal last night when he had the ball taken off him, he got away with that one but usually we get punished for his poor play. I just hope he is replaced in the near future with the grateful thanks of the club and supporters and he and Hibbert can find useful employment elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.