Kone Signs on 3 Year Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....don't think they insure over injuries, but they do over having to retire with injury. I suspect the amount would be linked to his worth at the point of retirement.

Hopefully at point of injury which was only weeks after we paid £6m for him.

It was an ankle injury suffered in England training from Shaun Wright Phillips of all people.

But yeah, real shame, recall watching the lid playing for Crewe as a young un, he looked a talent.

Cheers, I was miles off, but I remember that header, and preston aint that far from Crewe (I think). Yeah, he was alright, it sounds trite - he retired a millionaire and hopefully is set for life, same goes his kids. With the wasters and rick heads running around pretending to earn a living currently (and this isn't aimed at ched evans) players that put their dues in lower league to then make it and then be cut short is just awful.

Salute the former players fund, and the club did its then best by Parky as fans liason.

Cheers, I was miles off, but I remember that header, and preston aint that far from Crewe (I think). Yeah, he was alright, it sounds trite - he retired a millionaire and hopefully is set for life, same goes his kids. With the wasters and rick heads running around pretending to earn a living currently (and this isn't aimed at ched evans) players that put their dues in lower league to then make it and then be cut short is just awful.

Salute the former players fund, and the club did its then best by Parky as fans liason.

I just took an interest in him after Crewe like, sorry if I came across as a know it all ;o/

I just took an interest in him after Crewe like, sorry if I came across as a know it all ;o/

Happy to have my memory rejogged, I get Everton players history muddled 9.9 times out of ten, so its all gravy.

Was it Dario Gradi at Crewe then? I vaguely remember some miracle game in the FA cup or maybe the Carling cup and he (Ashton) did wonders.(Thankfully not vs us like)

Happy to have my memory rejogged, I get Everton players history muddled 9.9 times out of ten, so its all gravy.

Was it Dario Gradi at Crewe then? I vaguely remember some miracle game in the FA cup or maybe the Carling cup and he (Ashton) did wonders.(Thankfully not vs us like)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/1840155.stm

Everton survived a major FA Cup scare at Crewe before clinching a quarter-final date with Middlesbrough.

Dario Gradi's First Division strugglers looked on course to spring a major fifth round shock when gifted youngster Dean Ashton gave them a deserved first-half lead.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/1840155.stm

Everton survived a major FA Cup scare at Crewe before clinching a quarter-final date with Middlesbrough.

Dario Gradi's First Division strugglers looked on course to spring a major fifth round shock when gifted youngster Dean Ashton gave them a deserved first-half lead.

I needed reminding of that Boro game like I need electrified skewers to pierce by spheres. Wallys last game? If only Knox's bat had been evident on the pitch - such was player power then and even more so now.

Status
Not open for further replies.