Kone Signs on 3 Year Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

d4ky

Player Valuation: £100k
Coming upto 30, so at 5m not a bargain at all. Had half a good season at Wigan, so unproven yet we feel he can get us the 20 goals we need. Add Alvarez nearly 31 and we add yet more age to a rapidly aging squad.

Rumour is we can't afford kone anyway unless we pay in instalments or swop a player. Sad.

Ideally we should be looking at younger players who are just as good but have ability to improve. Kone is probably at his peak and will never get better. Add to that we couldn't sell for a profit, whereas a younger player we could

I've been saying for 2 years that we really need to start to reduce the average age of the 1st team

They're good squad players who may even improve the first team. They're being signed irrespective of whether felli/baines goes, who, if they do, will be replaced by top players.

Apparently it isn't 5 million, it's "in the region of 6.5 million"

Jesus ****ing Christ.

Coming upto 30, so at 5m not a bargain at all. Had half a good season at Wigan, so unproven yet we feel he can get us the 20 goals we need. Add Alvarez nearly 31 and we add yet more age to a rapidly aging squad.

Rumour is we can't afford kone anyway unless we pay in instalments or swop a player. Sad.

Ideally we should be looking at younger players who are just as good but have ability to improve. Kone is probably at his peak and will never get better. Add to that we couldn't sell for a profit, whereas a younger player we could

Roberto Martinez knows more than you.

Jelavic is ****e.

Kone is an upgrade.

This makes me happy.

But then again, I diont subscribe to FM and therefore aren't knocking myself out over not being able to get young Carlos Kickaball from Obscure FC who'll get us *defo* 20 goals per season and have a sell on value of £25M.

i guess you moaned at Distin being to old for the money too??

£5m and he will score you goals.....you dont want that?>
How much will we get back on Distin to replace him in 12 months time? He's been terrific, not doubting that, but from a business point of view it wasn't good value.

How many times does it have to be said that we sell to buy! With the finances we have or lack of more accurately, we can't carry on writing off millions on transfers.

Defenders generally have a lot more longevity than strikers too.

How much will we get back on Distin to replace him in 12 months time? He's been terrific, not doubting that, but from a business point of view it wasn't good value.

How many times does it have to be said that we sell to buy! With the finances we have or lack of more accurately, we can't carry on writing off millions on transfers.

How many points do you think Distin has won us, or helped us with since he's been here. You need need good players to win matches. That's the business we are in.

Points mean money.

He's been great for us over the course of our contract and contributed easily his fair share to the collective effort of getting us to decent place finishes in the PL - and therefore his efforts helped us to the PL placement money we wouldn't have got. That's the economic argument.

well if thats your way of thinking, lets sell Baines then ay!

Bleach Please!

ill let Everton worry about the business, i wanna see good football and goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.