Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was picking a game to boost Fellainis claim to be a world class footballer,it certainly wouldn't have been the Newcastle game.I thought he was average at best.

What Fellaini offers as a player is the amount of different things he offers...if that makes sense.
He doesn't have the best touch in the team but for such a big man he has a remarkably good first touch.He is a very good finisher,header ,passer and of course because of his size he brings a real physical presence to the team.

He can do just about everything very well.Most other players may be stronger in certain areas but then fall away for other attributes.Fellaini can just about do it all.

World class attribute,probably one that stands out is his chest control of a high ball coming at him,it is as if he catches it with his hands.

it's not his first touch that everyone raves about, it's the fact when he gets the ball he hardly ever seems to lose it. he's not the greatest passer because he's not a natural ACM, he's a quality DM. He's also not a great finisher but as he's shown this season, he's always improving. He's still very young btw and already has that aura about him that he'll dominate games and opposition will be scared of him - and for some time yet.

his performance against fulham was probably the finest i have ever seen by someone in blue.

Anyway - why has this dragged to the mirallas thread?

Come on Fellaini doesn't even have the best touch in the Everton team. Pienaar and Osman are light years ahead technically. It is those two and Baines (when Mirallas isn't playing) who do all the complicated stuff for us. I can accept Fellaini getting praise for his physical attributes, aerial prowess, bringing the ball down on his chest or whatever, but no part of his technical game is world class. Pienaar would of been in against Newcastle had Fellaini hit his pass with any decent pace, Pienaar had to slow it down and give it him back. Fellaini then had a fat touch and the keeper saved. We played our best stuff agianst Newcastle when Anichebe came on offering us some pace and direction. Fellaini was shuffled off to the wing out the way allowing Pienaar and Osman to occupy the middle.

Had a bad game against Newcastle to be fair, but on the whole I reckon he is at least in the top couple for first touch. Osman probably has the best first touch with his feet in the team but you hit it at the side of his face it'll go anywhere, i've seen Fellaini bring it down from behind him ffs. His feet may not have the best first touch in the team but there's an entire body to take into consideration. Felli uses everything to get to the ball under control, head, chest, knees.. i've seen Mirallas lose the ball on his first touch many times as well by the way..
First touch is controlling the ball, geting it under and ready for whatever yoru going to do pass, shoot, move etc with your next touch.. its not just the ability to bring it under control with your feet. Sometimes its head high, you've got to consider both aspects and using that I would say Felli has at least one of the best first touches around. (last game not included)

it's not his first touch that everyone raves about, it's the fact when he gets the ball he hardly ever seems to lose it. he's not the greatest passer because he's not a natural ACM, he's a quality DM. He's also not a great finisher but as he's shown this season, he's always improving. He's still very young btw and already has that aura about him that he'll dominate games and opposition will be scared of him - and for some time yet.

his performance against fulham was probably the finest i have ever seen by someone in blue.

Good question.. sorry about that.

Had a bad game against Newcastle to be fair, but on the whole I reckon he is at least in the top couple for first touch. Osman probably has the best first touch with his feet in the team but you hit it at the side of his face it'll go anywhere, i've seen Fellaini bring it down from behind him ffs. His feet may not have the best first touch in the team but there's an entire body to take into consideration. Felli uses everything to get to the ball under control, head, chest, knees.. i've seen Mirallas lose the ball on his first touch many times as well by the way..
First touch is controlling the ball, geting it under and ready for whatever yoru going to do pass, shoot, move etc with your next touch.. its not just the ability to bring it under control with your feet. Sometimes its head high, you've got to consider both aspects and using that I would say Felli has at least one of the best first touches around. (last game not included)

I thought he was one of our best players against Newcastle.

Who had a bad game? Fellaini?

He most certainly did not. Maybe you should watch clips of our two goals again mate :dodgy:

Can he play as a reverse winger tucked in between the lines or as a false something though?

Who had a bad game? Fellaini?

He most certainly did not. Maybe you should watch clips of our two goals again mate :dodgy:

He did excellently for our second goal but one moment of quality doesn't change the fact he was pretty poor over the 90 minutes by his own high standards.

Of course the great thing about having world class players in your team is they can still win you matches even while having pretty quiet games.

I think Fellaini's strength on the ball is unsurpassed to be honest. It must be like trying to to tickle a bear's bollocks getting a football off him.

if mirallas gets fit for the new year it'll be one of the few times when 'its like a new signing' would be an apt thing to say! he stays fit and performs we have a real chance of fourth, he doesnt..umm we still do, but not as much..sorry that went rubbish

He did excellently for our second goal but one moment of quality doesn't change the fact he was pretty poor over the 90 minutes by his own high standards.

Of course the great thing about having world class players in your team is they can still win you matches even while having pretty quiet games.

Agreed, having a bad game was a bit extreme.. He had a bad game by his standards, gave the ball away a few times and had some dodgy first touches which is unusual. Still a beast though.

Status
Not open for further replies.