January 2015 transfer window ( No GIFs allowed )(Nor fish puns ffs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many players have no real competition for their places. Spending 28m on one player isn't looking too smart right now as we seem to have a total lack of options out wide and especially in goal. I hope to god our scouts are out there looking for a keeper who will command that 6 yard box and actually come off his line and CATCH the ball.

Don't like kenwright but would you bankroll this fella atm? He has talent like barkley, lukaku etc. Yet plays them out of position/ not to their strengths.if as a chairman you ain't gonna back

I wouldn't give him a penny until he started playing his best side and stop thinking he's guardiola
We
Cant fault the Board on this one David, he was given a vast sum of money, more than any of his peers have spent in the history of the club.[/QU. Lol, how our bill n board must love fans coming out with comments like this !!! We spend a few quid one year in 15, Big Wow !, after a negative net spend for previous decade +, with your huge clubs like Hull, Cardiff Norwich etc out spending us , and all of a sudden they are a great group , doing a great job, for this , let's not forget, once massive club and major player.How easily we have forgotten this, and become accustomed to mediocrity and appreciative of any spend on the team and overjoyed if we get to keep our best players.

I think you have missed me crying like a lil bish for the last 10 windows when we spent feck all.

Im not saying its perfect, but IMO the manager was backed by the Board in the Summer.

Clearly nothing like he should have been, but after having a net spend of minus 100m for the last few years, it was nice to spend a bit of money.

Ive been banging the drum that kenwright should go for years mate, but the issue here is Martinez is to blame for playing his pee poor team selections. He spent £28 million on lukaku and has turned him from the lean, quick beast he was last season getting through balls put in to him to some jarg bulky big dunc that is sweating after running 5 feet and getting no service. he has the best young English talent and proceeds to stick him out wide, and an ageing striker with no pace playing in the ACM position where you require pace and quick feet.

In short, we could give martinez £100 million and he would still play his weird and unbalanced teams

Someone needs to sit Martinez down and make him watch a video of the home game against Arsenal last season and then tell him, "nothing less than this level of commitment and performance is now acceptable."

And if he can't find a way to replicate it, then it might be taxi time.

To
Ive been banging the drum that kenwright should go for years mate, but the issue here is Martinez is to blame for playing his pee poor team selections. He spent £28 million on lukaku and has turned him from the lean, quick beast he was last season getting through balls put in to him to some jarg bulky big dunc that is sweating after running 5 feet and getting no service. he has the best young English talent and proceeds to stick him out wide, and an ageing striker with no pace playing in the ACM position where you require pace and quick feet.

In short, we could give martinez £100 million and he would still play his weird and unbalanced teams
Totally agree on all your points re Martinez mate, he needs to go, as he will never change ( as he self addmitted), just frustrates the hell out of me , how we have been left behind under this fraud(Billy Liar)and how easily it has been accepted !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.