James McCarthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon if he was fit, this would have been the moment were Martinez finally experimented with Baines at CM.

Just waiting to see if it will go to Barkley, Osman or Ledson, now.

Fabregas had a hamstring injury just before the international break and was sent back home by his team to rest just like McCarthy.

fabregas then played the full 90 against West Brom and almost all the game against Schalke and will probably start again at the weekend. Mourinho doesn't have many injury problems yet rarely rotates his squad much - don't think the prediction game is as straighforward as people make out.

McCarthy should have come off when he first felt the injury though, hope he didn't make it worse.

Said it earlier on in the week so it's not a case of I told you so, but I would have left Coleman and McCarthy both behind at finch farm this week. In McCarthy's case he is just coming back from injury, 3 games in a week and especially in the style and manner in which he runs flat out and covers every blade off grass over 90mins it was only asking for trouble.

Said it earlier on in the week so it's not a case of I told you so, but I would have left Coleman and McCarthy both behind at finch farm this week. In McCarthy's case he is just coming back from injury, 3 games in a week and especially in the style and manner in which he runs flat out and covers every blade off grass over 90mins it was only asking for trouble.
Actually, telling us that you said it earlier in the week is a classic case of 'I told you so'.

Agree with the rest of your post though.

Fabregas had a hamstring injury just before the international break and was sent back home by his team to rest just like McCarthy.

fabregas then played the full 90 against West Brom and almost all the game against Schalke and will probably start again at the weekend. Mourinho doesn't have many injury problems yet rarely rotates his squad much - don't think the prediction game is as straighforward as people make out.

McCarthy should have come off when he first felt the injury though, hope he didn't make it worse.

There's a poster making sense (above)

@EverBlue86

I have no idea what that meant

Physios come out with a lot of preprescribed [Poor language removed] that has nothing to do with the patient theyre seeing

"Your glutes arent firing" -- biggest load of nonsense. Had a physio tell me this as to why i was getting hamstring issues. I could ass to grass squat over double my bodyweight. My glutes were asvstrong as active as you couldve wished for

General point is sound though. Its rarely the actual hamstring that is too bother. It'll be either a biomechanical issue, fatigue or structural (inactive/immobile back/hip flexors leading to increased load on hamstrings, they have to work more to compensate for immobility elsewhere)

I highly doubt they don't do enough flexibility work. That was such an inane suggestion as how could you possibly know what theyre doing post match and at finch farm. I'm pretty sure theyve got that base covered. This is a premier league football club not a sunday league team ffs

Fatigue seems the only viable explanation. Hes not an explosive player like mirallas so it must be because of fatigue. Theearlier injury at sunderland will have contributed.

He neds a good couple of weeks rest and lots of treatment and he should be fine. And he needs rotated every now and then. He is human believe it or not

Thankfully he didnt pull up in a sprint so it shouldnt be too severe

What pissed me off that he was holding back of leg after 10 mins. Don't need a physio to tell everybody his already dodgy muscle group was acting up. What will we do........ mmmmm mm wait till the lid really trashes it and then bring him off. Really dumb I mean really really stupid.

What's the situation with Darren Gibson at the moment? He seemed to be back in the frame but hasn't featured in the last few squads. Is he injured again? Would rather Gibson and Besic in the middle than Besic and Osman really.

What's the situation with Darren Gibson at the moment? He seemed to be back in the frame but hasn't featured in the last few squads. Is he injured again? Would rather Gibson and Besic in the middle than Besic and Osman really.

To be fair mate i think Osman has been doing fine lately, Hibbert has also played well, they do seem to get alot of stick from people, i understand they arent world beaters but i take Barkley for example, he is considered the 'new gazza' yet i havent seen anything lately to suggest it. You would still see Osman and Hibbert getting a mouthfull even if there are others not playing well too. Gibson just looks like he will never put 5 games together.

To be fair mate i think Osman has been doing fine lately, Hibbert has also played well, they do seem to get alot of stick from people, i understand they arent world beaters but i take Barkley for example, he is considered the 'new gazza' yet i havent seen anything lately to suggest it. You would still see Osman and Hibbert getting a mouthfull even if there are others not playing well too. Gibson just looks like he will never put 5 games together.

Oh for sure, I think Osman brings a lot to the squad, I just think Gibson is more natural in that position than Osman is. He looked really good in his cameo against Lille and I was hoping he may have turned a corner.

I think Martinez has an unrealistic expectation of McCarthy. There's just no excuse whatsoever to have played him so many times this season when we have a lot of cover in that position. That's just bad management. The lad is suffering fatigue from a two game per week schedule and his game is probably the most reliant on stamina than anyone else in the squad.

He has no one else to blame other than himself for not rotating in CM. It's just poor decision making.

Status
Not open for further replies.