James McCarthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know for a fact that mccarthy told martinez he wanted to play despite a tight hamstring before the game,off course hes probably made it worst,and even more by carrying in for another 10 odd mins

....I can imagine he's the type that you have to put in a straight jacket to stop him playing. Top pro, lives for the game.

Yep and sometimes you need your players to be honest and say "I'm done for the day" bur he's a top pro and wants to play every minute. Hopefully if he is out it will be for no more than a couple if games

Yep and sometimes you need your players to be honest and say "I'm done for the day" bur he's a top pro and wants to play every minute. Hopefully if he is out it will be for no more than a couple if games

.....he's not a sprinter, so it might be a pull caused by fatigue as opposed to a tear caused by acceleration. Lets hope so but you have to think he'll miss 2 league games at least.

.....he's not a sprinter, so it might be a pull caused by fatigue as opposed to a tear caused by acceleration. Lets hope so but you have to think he'll miss 2 league games at least.

Yep I would Deffo think it was a pull and not a tear eggs as he still carried on for 10 minutes and then knew it wasn't happening for him. The lads a top top player. Took me a long time to be won over tbh but his energy levels and the covering he does is immense. Won't have done Besic any harm watching McCarthy and Barry from the sidelines to see what's expected. He had a top performance too today, his best yet in an Everton shirt.

No doubt no one will dare criticise martinez though. Like jonestown this place. Like has been said the lad looked jaded even before he was injured and has only just come back from a hamstring injury. Same as mirallas he's played twice in a week since coming back from a tear. Martinez needs to learn to use the squad and if pienaar doesn't sort himself out peddle glass thighs out and get a loan signing in

Don't understand why he was played, it obviously wasn't right. And then to play in knowing its a hammy is suicidal just hope it's not too serious cause he's irreplaceable!

Status
Not open for further replies.