James McCarthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

He had some silky touches on Sunday as well, he's adding to his creative play every week.

But more importantly, he's hard as nails and runs his arse off. Love him to bits.

I seriously think everbody on this forum will be eating humble pie by the end of this season. McCarthy is going to be a fantastic player. He is not a deep lying midfielder hence we got Barry in as he and Gibson will do that job. McCarthy is a box to box midfielder who can grab the game by the scuff of the neck and has a exceptional engine and will put a shift in. He will be the one running our midfield and will be a massive step up from Ossie.

Fair assement from back in September last year !

Great player, just wish he would pass forwardmore often or have a few driving runs. Seems to very reluctantly creep forward when he has the pace to scare teams if he got it and shot from range.

Great player, just wish he would pass forwardmore often or have a few driving runs. Seems to very reluctantly creep forward when he has the pace to scare teams if he got it and shot from range.

It's a great point, but what I like about him is that he gives it quickly to players who can do those things; that's what gives the Barry / McCarthy / Barkley midfield such balance

It's a great point, but what I like about him is that he gives it quickly to players who can do those things; that's what gives the Barry / McCarthy / Barkley midfield such balance
I think that's only rivalled by Matic/Fabregas/Oscar and what City could put out (Fernandinho/Toure/Silva - or whatever they could put out in a 4-2-3-1).

We have a CL midfield triangle there.

I think that's only rivalled by Matic/Fabregas/Oscar and what City could put out (Fernandinho/Toure/Silva - or whatever they could put out in a 4-2-3-1).

Agreed. I don't think United have the balance in there (especially in the Barry role) and Arsenal's is overhyped and inconsistent. Couldn't even tell you what Spurs' looks like. The RS is essentially a washed up Gerrard and two people to do his water carrying for him.

We almost have a CL midfield. Barkley needs another full season, he's gave the ball away more than Lukaku this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.